• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

That’s a good read.

The Great Republican Abdication: A party that no longer believes in American values.

So all the “fake news” was true. A hostile foreign power intervened in the presidential election, hoping to install Donald Trump in the White House. The Trump campaign was aware of this intervention and welcomed it. And once in power, Trump tried to block any inquiry into what happened.

Never mind attempts to spin this story as somehow not meeting some definitions of collusion or obstruction of justice. The fact is that the occupant of the White House betrayed his country. And the question everyone is asking is, what will Democrats do about it?

But notice that the question is only about Democrats. Everyone (correctly) takes it as a given that Republicans will do nothing. Why?

Because the modern G.O.P. is perfectly willing to sell out America if that’s what it takes to get tax cuts for the wealthy. Republicans may not think of it in those terms, but that’s what their behavior amounts to....

Watching Morning Psycho (Joe) right now...they have Senator Mike Lee (R-UT) on. Holy shit...what a shitshow. I don’t even know where to begin.

“Obstruction of Justice is unflattering” as opposed to illegal.

Last edited:
Watching Morning Psycho (Joe) right now...they have Senator Mike Lee (R-UT) on. Holy shit...what a shitshow. I don’t even know where to begin.

He was on when I was leaving, but I didn't hear any of it. What did he say of consequence?

Sorry didn’t mean to quote

58375709_2337796809789658_8447619948703907840_n.jpg

Trump showed his overt racism again today. He congratulated the white Nick Bosa for being drafted (who had to delete several racist troll posts) but said nothing to the black , apolitical #1 pick.

NIIIICCEEE

MAGA hat wearing client just told everyone about his new sign he made for his pickup. Reads "Vote Republican or Don't Vote at All" with 3-4 bullet holes he made himself

"Vote Republican or I'll shoot at my own truck."

Kootenai County GOP urges feds to let Austrian nationalist into U.S. to marry alt-right YouTube pundit

Martin Sellner, a leader of Generation Identity who campaigns against Islam and mass immigration, said last month that U.S. authorities had canceled his Electronic System for Travel Authorization, a waiver that allows citizens of some countries to enter the United States for brief periods without a visa.

That followed a raid in which Austrian authorities seized electronic devices belonging to Sellner and his American fiancée, Brittany Pettibone, who lives in Post Falls but was visiting Sellner at the time.

Sellner was under investigation for ties to the suspected gunman in last month’s mosque shootings in Christchurch, New Zealand, that killed 50 people. The suspect, Brenton Tarrant, donated 1,500 euro (nearly $1,700) to Sellner last year

A couple of Cville updates. One of the 4 RAM (Rise Above Movement) defendants pleaded guilty to 1 count of conspiracy to riot in fed court here yesterday, and they expect another guilty plea this week, which will make 3 of the 4. Not sure what kind of sentence they'll be looking at.

And as expected, our city circuit judge has at long last issued his decision in the Lee and Jackson statues case, and it was what we all expected. This is the suit where a group of concerned citizens sued the city after council voted to move those 2 civil war statues in contravention of a state law that provides localities can't remove war memorials from a list of enumerated wars (VA Code sec. 15.1-1812 if you're interested). The judge found for the plaintiffs saying that it was pretty obvious that the 2 statues in question are indeed war memorials, so the city is prevented from removing them. It is widely believed that our now former city attorney advised our council that they had no legal authority to vote to remove these statues, however 3 of the 5 voted to do so anyway. (This was the issue that got Jason Kessler and his white supremacist buds staging protests at the monuments and showing up at city council sessions to get into screaming matches.) The judge has not yet decided the issue as to whether the individual city councilors can be held liable for money damages for their contravention of the law (which is the issue we're most interested in).

Back