• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

Disagree with me all you like, but you've gone way over the line and revel in it.

People should do more reveling, I feel like we don’t revel enough as a society

That's a shame. You need to loosen yourself up or get some new friends who will join in your revelry. You are never too old or important to revel in the positive way.

My bad, reveling is capital offense in KS. Cross the border and have some fun.

I have to read more into the concept, but racial capitalism reframes racism as a justificatory (and necessary) logic to the development of most stages of capitalism.

Racism has always been a moneymaker, though. There isn’t a United States (or global economy) without the commodification of enslaved black bodies.

Yep. The commodification of Black bodies is the only thing Alabama has had going for it in its whole history.

Yep. The commodification of Black bodies is the only thing Alabama has had going for it in its whole history.

Again with the Alabama hate! South Carolina, Mississippi and Arkansas also had nothing else going for them in their whole histories either!

Again with the Alabama hate! South Carolina, Mississippi and Arkansas also had nothing else going for them in their whole histories either!

Mississippi had two Mannings. So that’s at least one thing.

Is it not?

Capitalism gave us slavery, child labor, institutionalized sexism and misogyny, global imperialism and colonialism, wealth inequality and depressed wages, housing segregation, employment segregation, rampant undocumented migration and xenophobic/nativist immigration policy, climate crises and climate refugees, indigenous genocide, and the list goes on.

Oh, I see.

“Capital” means “people”.

Yeah, but Wrangor doesn’t post here anymore, we just forget S.C. exists and no one here will admit to be from Arkansas (maybe Brad?).

“Almost any Dem nominee...” is a really interesting way of saying “I’m still voting for Trump because this lets me justify it later”

...This is why policy doesn’t matter. I have only two requirements from the Democratic nominee. First, he or she must not be obviously mentally unstable. Second, the nominee must not be in any way sympathetic — or worse, potentially beholden — to a hostile foreign power. This rules out Gabbard, Williamson and maybe New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio, although in de Blasio’s case it’s hard to tell whether he is unstable or just a terrible person.

As for the rest of them, I am willing to live with whoever wins the Democratic primary process...

That's not what that article says at all.

Oh I know, I read the full article. But I’ve seen this movie before. Until we have the receipts, I don’t trust any conservative to vote against Trump.

Back