• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

If by that you mean dump Trump, I’m in agreement.

That's exactly what I mean. They'll lose some of the crazies, but it's good for the long-term health of the party and America.

Now, the Republicans need to thing about growing their party with ideas and by not elevating the worst of society.

Nah, it is easier to kick voters off of rolls, close polling stations, require photo identification, gerrymander districts, and redelegate power to the branches of government that they control. Their only strategy to gain voters is fearmongering.

Damned if you do, damned if you don’t, huh?

Yeah. That’s how society works. One political or ideological group damns you for doing one thing and another political or ideological group damns you for doing another thing.

LOL. Best case they're seeing as vultures.

I am gonna chime in and once again note that vultures are extremely useful animals. The come in and clean up an ecosystem’s mess, i.e. dead animals, and put other wise wasted resources and nutrients (other methods of tissue decay take much longer and are less efficient) to good use (making more vultures). India actually went on a wide spread vulture persecution campaign a few decades ago and greatly regretted it. Dead animals piled up and feral dog populations exploded, spreading rabies and a long cascade of other unexpected effects. So maybe vultures in the Republican Party would be a good thing.

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Embracing Trumpism/White Supremacy

I am gonna chime in and once again note that vultures are extremely useful animals. The come in and clean up an ecosystem’s mess, i.e. dead animals, and put other wise wasted resources and nutrients (other methods of tissue decay take much longer and are less efficient) to good use (making more vultures). India actually went on a wide spread vulture persecution campaign a few decades ago and greatly regretted it. Dead animals piled up and feral dog populations exploded, spreading rabies and a long cascade of other unexpected effects. So maybe vultures in the Republican Party would be a good thing.

I’m with you. I love vultures. They’d clean up the party and leave nothing but bones.

Never heard about that India campaign. Vultures in high density areas would be money.

I’m with you. I love vultures. They’d clean up the party and leave nothing but bones.

Never heard about that India campaign. Vultures in high density areas would be money.

My bad memory, it wasn’t exactly an intentional campaign, agricultural practices included widespread use of an anti-inflammatory drug in livestock and the drug was somehow toxic to vultures. The ecological effects are still the same though.. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_vulture_crisis

Nice job by a small government conservative to do it like 2 weeks after being sworn into a new term. Time for a special election!

Back