• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

Why? They're in completely different parts of the state. That's the problem we want to fix. Cities and counties should only be big if they're too big by population for one district.
You're confusing me. Why did you say that you want multiple urban centers chained together into single districts? That's gerrymandering.

I've read the Guardian articles too. All of their mathematical presumptions are based on the small sample size of un-gerrymandered states/districts. There are enough metro areas with sprawl, and populated unversity/tech centers to make nearly every red state purple. These areas are either being isolated and chained together, or spliced up in Republican gerrymandering. Democratic gerrymandering is an exception, and in Maryland's case it's produced 1 extra dem representative. Republican State gerrymandering has produced nearly 10 extra republican reps from Texas and Wisconsin alone.

This is the post I was referring to. Perhaps we're misunderstanding each other. I'm saying that metro areas shouldn't be split up to create more Dem districts. Each metro area should stay together within a cohesive district or split into two districts if it's big enough.

A longtime Sunday school teacher, Butt said she thought students in middle school weren't able to assess or analyze information about religion, or other subjects, in the same way as a high school student. She never said why that was something to curtail when it came to teaching anything related to religion.

"Junior high is not the time that children are doing the most analysis," Butt said. "Insecurity is in junior high a lot of times, and students are not able to differentiate a lot of things they are taught."

haha

No Tennessee public school course could include anything deemed "religious doctrine" unless the course is taught in 10th, 11th or 12th grade if a newly proposed bill becomes law.

Sounds like a War on Christmas to me !

ross-barkley.jpg

These clowns not have a speaker yet?

Ryan basically told the Tea Party to sit down and shut the fuck up and elect him Speaker with zero dissent. Good luck with that. Tea Party can't elect one of their own, but can deny Ryan's coronation. Don't think the Tea Party or Ryan will back down, so they'll be back to square one.

Gov. Sam Brownback in deep hole with Kansans

Only 18 percent of state residents said they were “very” or “somewhat satisfied” with GOP Gov. Sam Brownback.

Bob Beatty, a political scientist at Washburn University, told the Topeka Capital-Journal that Brownback’s poll numbers were “epic.

“This could be some of the lowest approval ratings of any Kansas governor in history,” he said.

Somebody's Facebook caption: "if this doesn't kill selfies, nothing will"

91l9ip.png

I wish that had been taken January 20th, 2013.

Back