• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

Also, Shapiro wouldn't endorse Roy Moore for Senate, so at least some of the anti-semitism probably came from Moore supporters.

Is that in response to Shapiro's comment? I mean the guy himself is devoutly Jewish, and I think members of a community have the right to critic do you not?

Also no one in the history of the platform of twitter has received more hate speech, and anti Semitic comments than Ben Shapiro, so yeah I think the left has a problem.

Looks like you caught yourself in a Whatabout trap.

From the link you posted:

After criticizing Mr. Trump, conservative writer Ben Shapiro became the target of a wave of anti-Semitic tweets calling him a “Christ-Killer” and a “kike.” Jake Tapper, John Podhoretz and Noah Rothman have all received similar messages after voicing opinions perceived to be critical of Mr. Trump. In the midst of the attacks, Rothman tweeted: “It never ends. Blocking doesn’t help either. They have lists, on which I seem to find myself.”

A very small number of journalists (10), all of whom are Jewish, received 83 percent of the 19,253 anti-Semitic Tweets. Notably, Ben Shapiro, the former Breitbart reporter at the forefront of the so-called #NeverTrump movement, was targeted by more than 7,400 anti- Semitic Tweets.

In February and March 2016, as the so-called #NeverTrump movement took hold, self-styled Trump supporters from the alt-right attacked. (Alt-right is short for “alternative right, “ a range of people on the extreme right who reject mainstream conservatism in favor of forms that embrace implicit or explicit racism or white supremacy). This is when the Twitter attacks on Ben Shapiro, an originator of the #NeverTrump movement, began in earnest.
“It’s amazing what’s been unleashed,” Shapiro told ADL. “I honestly didn’t realize they were out there. It’s every day, every single day.” Despite Shapiro’s efforts to shield his family from the abuse, his wife and baby were targeted as well. “When my child was born there were lots of anti-Semitic responses talking about cockroaches.”
———-

Doesn’t look like it’s the left, whatabout.

When will whatabout respond?

Kind of amusing how excited everyone is to find out that Mark Meadows is a moron becasue they watched the hearing yesterday.

What's the whatabout Ben Shapiro isn't a Nazi as RJ posted, his tweet wasn't antisemitic, and the left has a hate problem. Far right wing wackos have a problem as well.

I didn't say he was a Nazi. I said if he was alive during WW2 he would have been a collaborator. It's obvious you don't know the difference.

I didn't say he was a Nazi. I said if he was alive during WW2 he would have been a collaborator. It's obvious you don't know the difference.

That's pretty good for someone who tries to play the guilt by association card about five times a day here.

What's the whatabout Ben Shapiro isn't a Nazi as RJ posted, his tweet wasn't antisemitic, and the left has a hate problem. Far right wing wackos have a problem as well.

You posted a link that specifically says right wing wackos were responsible for anti-Semitic tweets at Ben Shapiro as evidence of left wing anti-Semitism.

Your whatabout failed completely. Next time read your links.

Kind of amusing how excited everyone is to find out that Mark Meadows is a moron becasue they watched the hearing yesterday.

I gotta believe some of that is playing to the cameras / base. My wife has worked with him numerous times and left with nothing but positive things to say.

I gotta believe some of that is playing to the cameras / base. My wife has worked with him numerous times and left with nothing but positive things to say.

I don’t think it’s more virtuous to appeal to morons by acting like a moron.

Back