• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

Constituents and free speech are the worst, amirite?

This has been making the rounds.
42230607_10156437470851071_2973000753410473984_o.jpg

“A woman secretes a certain secretion,”
Sounds like he is deep in the science.

I know that Henry Aldridge's comments about women who are "truly raped" not being able to get pregnant because "the juices don't flow" actually happened, although I didn't realize it was so long ago - around the mid-90s, I think. I remember reading about it in the Raleigh News & Observer, and his remarks received national publicity at the time. He was one of our state's illustrious legislators in the mid-90s, from Eastern NC, I think. I believe he also is on record as saying some racist stuff as well. He died some years ago, but I guess you could say he was a good preview of the mindset of the current NC GOP legislature.

Nikki Haley, who some think is a voice of reason in the administration, has gone full Dear Leader mode:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/nikki-haley-donald-trump-united-nations_us_5bab7019e4b0f143d10ee8f4

rump’s boastful comment describing his administration as one of the most accomplished in U.S. history sparked laughter not because attendees of the annual summit found the comment ridiculous ― but because it was so “honest,” Haley said during an appearance on “Fox & Friends.”

“They loved how honest he is,” Haley said. “It’s not diplomatic and they find it funny. ... When he goes and he is very truthful, they kind of were taken back by it.”

“All day yesterday, they were falling over themselves to get a picture with him, to talk about how great his speech was,” she continued. “They love that he’s honest with them and they’ve never seen anything like it, so there’s respect there. I saw that the media was trying to make it something disrespectful. That’s not what it was ― they love to be with him.”

Yuck. He’s “honest” only in that he says exactly what he’s thinking, which happens to be delusional, instead of pretending to be informed or stable or anything worthy of respect.

“I looked at the media yesterday, and they all want to talk about what the worldview of the president is; what they need to understand is the world doesn’t understand the media in America right now,” she said, adding that she had a conversation about Trump with a world leader on Tuesday.

“He said, ‘I can’t believe that they would ever talk about impeachment, the 25th Amendment.’ He said: ‘Do they understand this is America? You don’t play with something like that,’ ” Haley said. “Leaders don’t understand why this is even a conversation, and they find it difficult for this country.”

lol

Nikki Haley, who some think is a voice of reason in the administration, has gone full Dear Leader mode:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/nikki-haley-donald-trump-united-nations_us_5bab7019e4b0f143d10ee8f4

rump’s boastful comment describing his administration as one of the most accomplished in U.S. history sparked laughter not because attendees of the annual summit found the comment ridiculous ― but because it was so “honest,” Haley said during an appearance on “Fox & Friends.”

“They loved how honest he is,” Haley said. “It’s not diplomatic and they find it funny. ... When he goes and he is very truthful, they kind of were taken back by it.”

“All day yesterday, they were falling over themselves to get a picture with him, to talk about how great his speech was,” she continued. “They love that he’s honest with them and they’ve never seen anything like it, so there’s respect there. I saw that the media was trying to make it something disrespectful. That’s not what it was ― they love to be with him.”

I get why his minions follow orders to compulsively lie. I still can't wrap my head around the educated folks like my parents hearing this, and being like "yea, that checks out". Yet, here we are.

Back