• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

I get what the tweet is saying but it kind of confirms the opposite point. Nobody would be saying Alley is trash if it wasn't for her ideas. A washed up actress with a simliar career and liberal ideas would be loved. So it's not about the person. It's about the ideas. We don't want to get into the practice of cancelling people who aren't as prominent as they used to be just because.

Nah, I don't care what Madonna or Oprah think either.

Or Tom Selleck or The Rock.

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Embracing Trumpism/White Supremacy

Nah, I don't care what Madonna or Oprah think either.

Or Tom Selleck or The Rock.

IT DOESN’T MATTER WHAT THE ROCK THINKS!

Last edited:

"Democrats/California are going to steal out water" is a new one. I don't speak crazy-is there an explanation for that one?

Remember the big Foxconn project in Wisconsin that Trump and Scott Walker bragged would bring so many jobs to the state? There was going to be a $10 billion Taiwanese corporate investment, a 20-million square foot manufacturing complex would be built that would provide 13,000 new jobs, and so forth. Well, (surprise!), it never happened:

"The renovations never arrived. Neither did the factory, the tech campus, nor the thousands of jobs. Interviews with 19 employees and dozens of others involved with the project, as well as thousands of pages of public documents, reveal a project that has defaulted on almost every promise. The building Foxconn calls an LCD factory — about 1/20th the size of the original plan — is little more than an empty shell. In September, Foxconn received a permit to change its intended use from manufacturing to storage.

Even the handful of jobs the company claims to have created are less than real: many of them held by people with nothing to do, hired so the company could reach the number required for it to get tax subsidy payments from Wisconsin. Foxconn failed at that objective, too: last week, Wisconsin rejected the company’s subsidy application and found it had employed only 281 people eligible under the contract at the end of 2019. Many have since been laid off."

Welcome to Trump (and GOP) World - lots of empty promises and wasted money that just goes to fatten the corporate bottom line and boost pay for the executives.

Link: https://www.theverge.com/21509874/behind-foxconn

Remember the big Foxconn project in Wisconsin that Trump and Scott Walker bragged would bring so many jobs to the state? There was going to be a $10 billion Taiwanese corporate investment, a 20-million square foot manufacturing complex would be built that would provide 13,000 new jobs, and so forth. Well, (surprise!), it never happened:

"The renovations never arrived. Neither did the factory, the tech campus, nor the thousands of jobs. Interviews with 19 employees and dozens of others involved with the project, as well as thousands of pages of public documents, reveal a project that has defaulted on almost every promise. The building Foxconn calls an LCD factory — about 1/20th the size of the original plan — is little more than an empty shell. In September, Foxconn received a permit to change its intended use from manufacturing to storage.

Even the handful of jobs the company claims to have created are less than real: many of them held by people with nothing to do, hired so the company could reach the number required for it to get tax subsidy payments from Wisconsin. Foxconn failed at that objective, too: last week, Wisconsin rejected the company’s subsidy application and found it had employed only 281 people eligible under the contract at the end of 2019. Many have since been laid off."

Welcome to Trump (and GOP) World - lots of empty promises and wasted money that just goes to fatten the corporate bottom line and boost pay for the executives.

Link: https://www.theverge.com/21509874/behind-foxconn

Of course.

Trump has always been about seeming rather than being.

Republicans molded themselves perfectly for his schtick to “succeed” as their leader.

That last bar is very important for the both sides crowd.

I’m not going to lie. This set of data is one of the more disgusting things I’ve seen in a while.

I know I shouldn’t be surprised...but god damn...our country needs to do some serious soul searching. Damn.

Another takeaway. Fox News Republicans hate protesting just as much as other Republicans but they’re even more racist.

"Democrats/California are going to steal out water" is a new one. I don't speak crazy-is there an explanation for that one?

:squint:

btw, seems worth noting, this is a district Trump won by double digits.

That’s the QAnon supporter who owns a gun themed restaurant in Rifle, CO.

[h=1]Rudy Giuliani faces questions after compromising scene in new Borat film[/h]

Trump’s personal attorney has indiscreet encounter with actor playing Borat’s daughter in hotel room during pandemic
• This article contains spoilers about Borat Subsequent Moviefilm

https://www.theguardian.com/film/20...ns-after-compromising-scene-in-new-borat-film

The reputation of Rudy Giuliani could be set for a further blow with the release of highly embarrassing footage in Sacha Baron Cohen’s follow-up to Borat.
In the film, released on Friday, the former New York mayor and current personal attorney to Donald Trump is seen reaching into his trousers and apparently touching his genitals while reclining on a bed in the presence of the actor playing Borat’s daughter, who is posing as a TV journalist.

Following an obsequious interview for a fake conservative news programme, the pair retreat at her suggestion for a drink to the bedroom of a hotel suite, which is rigged with concealed cameras.
After she removes his microphone, Giuliani, 76, can be seen lying back on the bed, fiddling with his untucked shirt and reaching into his trousers. They are then interrupted by Borat who runs in and says: “She’s 15. She’s too old for you.”
Representatives for Giuliani have not replied to the Guardian’s requests for comment.

Back