• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

What I don’t get from my hometown visit recently is that:

1) they’re all paying >3% property taxes which is why their houses haven’t gone up with the rest of the world

2) my best friend growing up is a cop, pulling 6 figs, and is gonna retire at 50 and pull $80k/yr pension.

Just seems like a sweet deal for them local government folks

What I don’t get from my hometown visit recently is that:

1) they’re all paying >3% property taxes which is why their houses haven’t gone up with the rest of the world

2) my best friend growing up is a cop, pulling 6 figs, and is gonna retire at 50 and pull $80k/yr pension.

Just seems like a sweet deal for them local government folks

Cop pay and retirement is way better than most local government employee.

Cop pay and retirement is way better than most local government employee.

True, and similar benefits are why public school teachers often get so little sympathy or support in many rural areas. In urban areas teacher pay and pensions may not seem like much, but in many rural areas their salary, pension, and summer breaks create envy and resentment, two of the key motives of modern conservatism.

That looks like a small general decline in confidence combined with a massive demographic and party shift.

That looks like a small general decline in confidence combined with a massive demographic and party shift.

Gives credence to the idea that all smart people have left the Republican Party.

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Embracing Trumpism/White Supremacy/Sedition

After decades of claiming that Black people talking about our experiences was "playing the race card," Trumpers actually went out and made one they can buy on Amazon.

[h=3]'White Privilege Card' found in raid of men charged with plot to bomb Democrats[/h]

Let me add that if a Democrat wearing a BLM shirt bombed a Republican office, it would be news for weeks.

A man with a "White Privilege Card" to show his support for the last Republican president bombed a Democrat office and it's no big deal.

White rage and violence is completely normal in our society. We are just now within the last few years able to talk about it as the pathology it is. Politicians have been running campaigns against Black violence and Black non-violence for centuries, but politicians can’t campaign against white domestic terrorism.

Last edited:
[h=1]White People vs. Everybody[/h][h=2]No longer pretending to care about fiscal conservatism, family values, patriotism or even their beloved troops, the GOP has now become a single-issue party.[/h]ByMichael Harriot

https://www.theroot.com/white-people-vs-everybody-1847322127

Although the National Football League claims to have 32 franchises—all those logos, mascots and jerseys really mean nothing. When it comes down to it, there are only two NFL teams:

• The Dallas Cowboys
  • Everybody else
Fans may purchase New York Giants season tickets and wear Miami Dolphins jerseys, but loathing the Dallas Cowboys is the NFL’s most unifying sentiment, and hating the Dallas Cowboys is America’s pastime. While the Los Angeles Lakers, the New York Yankees and the Kardashian Industrial Complex may come close, the Dallas Cowboys are far and away sports’ most disliked team.

Over the last 20 years, Dem Boys have a record of 174 wins, 182 losses, and haven’t appeared in a Super Bowl in more than a quarter of a century. Yet the team boasts the league’s biggest fan base and consistently garners football’s highest television ratings. Jerry Jones is widely considered the league’s most inept general manager but he owns two of the desired properties in all of professional athletics. His Cowboys is the most valuable franchise in American sports, but he also owns football’s second-most valuable team—people who hate the Cowboys. Jones turned a $150 million investment into $5.7 billion by tapping into one undeniable truth:

No bond is stronger than people who hate the same thing.

Like dem franchise boyz from Dallas, the value of GOP’s team has nothing to do with how well they play the sport of American politics.Although they have a loyal following, instead of trying to actually be good at passing (bills), running (the country) and tackling (issues), they have pivoted toward a platform of being against things. To be fair, they are still pretty good at blocking (progress).

For decades, the GOP claimed fiscal conservatism as a core principle. But when they gained control of Congress and the presidency, they ran up deficits that made their Democratic counterparts look like stingy uncles. While pretending to be socially conservative evangelicals, they elected pussy-grabbing, lying, cheating, cocaine-slinging, coke-snorting candidates like Ronald Reagan, George W. Bush and Donald Trump.
They love the troops, except the ones who read Critical Race Theory, get captured or are just “a bunch of pussies.” They stand for freedom of speech, except when it involves Black NFL players, Black history, Black women, Black Lives Matter protests or Black...well, anything. They believe in law and order, democracy and the Constitution until they feel like overthrowing the federal government, throwing out an election and suppressing voters. Small government conservatives want the government out of their lives. But they are keenly interested in women’s vaginas, local school boards and where trans people choose to urinate.

In the 2020 election, 55 percent of white voters voted for Donald Trump. According to Pew’s verified voter survey, the GOP didn’t come close to winning a majority in any other racial or ethnic demographic. Yet, the space occupied by the Republican Party is still the most valuable commodity in American politics.
White people generally support expanding healthcare, regulating guns, police reform, the right to choose, fair elections and taxing corporations. But the white people’s party doesn’t have to actually enact a political or economic agenda. Their stance on social issues means nothing. They have even convinced their base that the actual number of votes don’t matter. The GOP has seized upon one incontrovertible truth: White people aren’t cheering for white people...

They’re just rooting against everybody else.

He strikes me as a Patton Oswalt in Veep type of guy:

Balls1-thumb-500x280-152407.gif

Ballsep2-thumb-500x280-152409.gif

BallsJonah-thumb-500x280-149947.gif

Last edited:
modern day GOP people...

good luck with that

Well, there they go, saying the quiet parts out loud again. I wonder how long it will be before Tucker, Ingraham & Company travel down this road?

The Chair of the Republican Party of Florida is under investigation over accusations of sexual harassment against a male legislative aide. I'm sure that publicly he's a big supporter of traditional family values and all the other GOP Religious Right mantras.

Link: https://www.yahoo.com/news/florida-gop-head-reportedly-under-163906119.html

In fairness, after an (apparently very brief) investigation, the Florida GOP has announced that they have cleared their own Chairman of the sexual harassment claims.

Back