• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

I would happily Texas' secession. I'm convinced everyone down there is batshit crazy.

It may feel like that sometimes but even the reddest states have huge populations of normal, sane folks. Looking at the last election, only 52.06% of Texas voters are unredeemable fascists oppressing the 46.48% of sane voters.

It will probably take the red arm bands before most get it. I remember arguing on this board that our scout snipers should not use the dual lightning bolts a few years ago.

That's bold, Twitter. "This tweet violates our rules but we're leaving it up anyway for reasons."

This tweet is abusive but it’s cool if people watch it.

I can't figure out if they're saying its in the public's interest to hunt politicians or it's in the public's interest to keep it up and make more people see the next senator of Missouri is a lunatic. At least he doesn't have a history of physical and sexual abuse allegations as well...oh, wait.

That's bold, Twitter. "This tweet violates our rules but we're leaving it up anyway for reasons."

When Musk finally takes over Twitter I expect that we'll see a lot more "decisions" like this regarding right-wing tweets.

I’m sick of this idea that have to legitimize known horrible people just because they’re running for office as Republicans.

I’m sick of this idea that have to legitimize known horrible people just because they’re running for office as Republicans.

Maybe I’m naïve but I took it to mean they thought people should see how shitty this guy is.

Maybe I’m naïve but I took it to mean they thought people should see how shitty this guy is.

But if he was a rando shitty person, he wouldn’t get the bandwidth. Twitter assumed leaving it up helps more than hurts but that’s not necessarily true.

I can't figure out if they're saying its in the public's interest to hunt politicians or it's in the public's interest to keep it up and make more people see the next senator of Missouri is a lunatic. At least he doesn't have a history of physical and sexual abuse allegations as well...oh, wait.

They just want an excuse to allow it to stay up despite violating their rules. I'm pretty sure they basically made up the rule to avoid taking any action on Trump's account. Luckily nothing bad happened after that.

read up about him earlier. Pretty strange controversy. Girl agreed to get blindfolded naked but then the issue is he then took a photo and threatened her?

Back