• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

Really dumb, unnecessary thing to say. It's not just the left that wants more action on this issue, the mainstream wants more action. It also takes away from the fact that they finally actually did something.

Yes it was. She has moved on BTW. The ridiculous reaction from the left is absurd It's always some angle to bitch about the democratic establishment.

I realize that this is an attempt to distance himself from the left. But given the context, it is a real slap in the face to abortion rights activists who have been screaming that this was coming for years, only to be told they were overreacting. (And support of abortion rights is not outside of the mainstream of the country, let alone the Democratic party.)

And this in the thread is fair and depressing:

FXQbytSXwAMDBwc

America.

They want to report trans kids in our schools but not neo Nazis in the military.

Hey jhmd where are you man? God damn I thought you hated nazis. Weren’t you I the military? The trans kids are more of a threat than the nazis? Aren’t you making enough money without this? Can’t you control your kids, are you afraid they’ll trans up? What if they nazi up? Help me understand your motivation to be in this shitfuck party? I’m trying to follow the money because I know that’s your thing boss

They're probably right. Racism has been a good marketing strategy for right-wing causes for a long time.

77% of House Republicans voted against same-sex marriage and it's unlikely 10 Senate Republicans will break the filibuster to pass it.

Good grief.

Deplorable, shameless, and passionately ignorant…modern Republicans.

Back