• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

I see. So in other words, nothing.

As for my aviator, in I'm Gonna Get You Sucka, a late 1980s parody of the blackspliotation genre, the protagonist's brother, whose name was Junebug, died of OG (over gold) because he wore to many gold chains. As for me, I spend too much time on the OG (old gold) Boards. Therefore, I'm sort of like Junebug, and I thought the film was funny, so I used his name as my handle and picture as my aviator. Get it?

Does that make me racist too? I'm always eager to know what the thought police has to say.

What was your handle on the Scout boards?

You obviously know something that I don't. What, exactly, is your evidence that "race is the motivator" in any of this?

It play 1 thru 100 in the liberal playbook. He is just a good foot soldier

This should really be a separate thread.

There are a lot of issues besides that letter. For example: should Iran be allowed to become a nuclear state?

That should be a poll and the answers should be:
- Yes
- I'm raciost

While I'm sure race is an ingredient here, it's not even close to the whole story. People in this country are pessimistic and angsty because ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm not really defending it. I think it's a pretty childish act, which seems in line with actions on both sides for the last 6 years. But to act like this is unprecedented or illegal is really a stretch. I guess I'm more amused by the overreactions, which is par for the course these days.

Is there evidence in the past of nearly half the Senate signing a letter where the intent was to undermine the executive's foreign policy negotiations? This is almost certainly unprecedented and it's likely not legal (nor good policy at all)

Oh. You said you were spending too much time on the boards, so I thought you had been on Scout before this one.

I miss the old days when all the criticism and opposition to President Bush was just and only because Bush hated black people and was a war criminal.

turns out the agreement is not legally binding with Iran so nothing really stops Iran from say not following the deal and building weapons. lol this couldn't get any more unbelievable if they tried.

What agreement?

turns out the agreement is not legally binding with Iran so nothing really stops Iran from say not following the deal and building weapons. lol this couldn't get any more unbelievable if they tried.

It is so unbelievably hypocritical that we, as a nuclear armed country, try to tell other countries that they cannot have nuclear power and/or weapons. And we do this as the only country in history to use a nuclear weapon on someone. Twice!

What gives us the right to tell other countries what they can or cannot create? Especially a country that hasn't initiated a war of any kind since they were known as Persia before light bulbs were even a thing.

It is so unbelievably hypocritical that we, as a nuclear armed country, try to tell other countries that they cannot have nuclear power and/or weapons. And we do this as the only country in history to use a nuclear weapon on someone. Twice!

What gives us the right to tell other countries what they can or cannot create? Especially a country that hasn't initiated a war of any kind since they were known as Persia before light bulbs were even a thing.

wow

The GOP has lost its damn mind. That's all there is to it. The fact that there are defenders of this letter which in addition to being an intentional effort to undermine the presidents foreign policy negotiations with another country is also factually inaccurate would be funny if it weren't so sad.

I miss the old days when all the criticism and opposition to President Bush was just and only because Bush hated black people and was a war criminal.

You mean when it was considered unpatriotic to criticize the POTUS?

You mean when it was considered unpatriotic to criticize the POTUS?

I don't think its unpatriotic depending in what falls in your definition but personally I just think it's funny to watch the hypocrisy probably on both sides. I guess my point was Bush was attacked as much as any prez I can remember so to look at every opposition to Obama as rooted in race is intellectually lazy and even gives the race card a bad name.

I don't think its unpatriotic depending in what falls in your definition but personally I just think it's funny to watch the hypocrisy probably on both sides. I guess my point was Bush was attacked as much as any prez I can remember so to look at every opposition to Obama as rooted in race is intellectually lazy and even gives the race card a bad name.

That's fair, but the inverse is also naive. Race is definitely a factor. It's why racist jokes and emails show up in things like the Ferguson PD investigation. Race is certainly not the entire foundation for the hatred of Obama, and certainly not present in everyone's hatred, but it's not absent either.

Deacs89, do you think Obama's race and heritage have anything to do with the birthed narrative and Republican claims that Obama is a Muslim or do you think Republicans would do that about any Democrat?

Deacs89, do you think Obama's race and heritage have anything to do with the birthed narrative and Republican claims that Obama is a Muslim or do you think Republicans would do that about any Democrat?

unzipped and waiting for the reply

That's fair, but the inverse is also naive. Race is definitely a factor. It's why racist jokes and emails show up in things like the Ferguson PD investigation. Race is certainly not the entire foundation for the hatred of Obama, and certainly not present in everyone's hatred, but it's not absent either.

Don't worry, Megyn Kelly suggests those types of emails are commonplace in America. #racismisoverornotifitdoesn'tfitournarrative

KELLY: It’s problematic for so many reasons, not the least of which is there are few companies in America, whether they’re public or private, in which if you sick 40 FBI agents on the company and review every email and every document and every communication you can between the employees, you won’t find any racist emails, any inappropriate comments, and then to tar the entire organization with that is additionally problematic.

Back