• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

Rand Paul is such a gutless disappointment. Has there ever been a more overhyped politicians than Paul? Maybe Ryan?

I never liked Ron Paul, but I respected him. The same cannot be said for his son. It's strange to me that so many people still associate Rand with his dad and libertarianism, when all he is is a disappointing Republican.

Maine governor defies ballot initiative expanding Medicaid

Advocates pushing for ballot measures say they’re not discouraged by the Maine dispute because they expect other states would defer to their voters if they approved the program.

“We’re confident that we can overcome any legislative or executive opposition to it,” said Jonathan Schleifer of the Fairness Project, a national group that is bankrolling the state ballot campaigns. “If there are fights after the fact, we’re ready to fight those fights.”

Last week, Obamacare supporters in Utah submitted more than 165,000 signatures to state officials to get Medicaid expansion on the ballot, well above the requirement for 113,000 valid signatures. Utah’s lieutenant governor will announce by next month whether the measure qualifies for the November ballot.

Rand Paul has always been a hack. Remember when he said Obama was "anti-business" after Obama DARED to criticize BP after the oil spill. You know, the company whose negligence caused the worst environmental disaster in US History and severely cratered the Gulf fishing and tourism industry which lead to hundreds of thousands of people losing their jobs.

How dare Obama?!! What a commie!

When Rand Paul and Paul Ryan are held up as intellectual leaders of your party, you know you are a party of dipshits.

Yes what Trump has done with his ‘fake news’ rhetoric is bad for America. I wonder what the % that he has claimed as ‘fake news’ has been proven to be the truth. I imagine it is a high %.

Yes what Trump has done with his ‘fake news’ rhetoric is bad for America. I wonder what the % that he has claimed as ‘fake news’ has been proven to be the truth. I imagine it is a high %.

But it doesn't matter. Of course, this didn't start with Trump.

House chaplain forced out by Ryan

House Chaplain Patrick Conroy’s sudden resignation has sparked a furor on Capitol Hill, with sources in both parties saying he was pushed out by Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.).

Conroy’s own resignation announcement stated that it was done at Ryan’s request.

“As you have requested, I hereby offer my resignation as the 60th Chaplain of the United States House of Representatives,” the April 15 letter to Ryan, obtained by The Hill, states.

This is really great from the party that is all for allowing ministers to be political in the pulpit.

On Nov. 6 — the first day of the markup on the GOP's tax bill — Conroy in a prayer urged lawmakers to ensure the legislation did not exacerbate the nation's gaping class disparities.
"May all Members be mindful that the institutions and structures of our great Nation guarantee the opportunities that have allowed some to achieve great success, while others continue to struggle," Conroy said at the time. "May their efforts these days guarantee that there are not winners and losers under new tax laws, but benefits balanced and shared by all Americans."

So he prayed that the tax bill do what Ryan said it would do.

Why the hell do we even have a "House Chaplin" anyway? And why are they praying over the bills as if god is the one that writes and votes on them?

They wouldn't need prayer if God wrote them.

Back