• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cory Helms transferring according to twitter

mebanedeac

Reaction score
This hurts!

Last edited:
Maybe he didnt like being moved from Center? Just pure speculation.

Maybe. Even if it is, I don't think it is a good reason. If he is truly an NFL caliber prospect, then he should realize that guys like that are moved around on the O-line all the time. That is supposed to be the advantage of having them. Its like how FSU can move their tackle to C and back again without batting an eye because the kid can play.

Perhaps he concluded that it was not advantageous to his pro prospects to be apart of the worst offensive line in college football. After all, he heard that for the whole of last season over and over.

Bye Cory.

bye-felicia-ice-cube-geeksandcleats.jpg

This hurts. Good player. He struggled at guard but when moved back to center I thought the OL played well at the end of the year. Pretty highly recruited player as well. If I remember right he had a Tennessee offer.

He was abysmal at guard, but pretty solid at center. Hopefully Terry can continue to develop as a C and provide a better performance in 2015.

Good luck to Helms.

I can't recall a bad exchange with the QB while Cory was at the center position going back to his freshman year.

Was not expecting that. Other than Cam Serigne, Helms was probably the player that the offense could least afford to lose. Players that start every game from the moment that they set foot on campus do not transfer.

Because he played as a true frosh, Helms loses no eligibility when he sits out his transfer. He can play 2 years after sitting out next year.

BTW, Guard Josh Harris was recruited with Helms as they both play OL, went to the same HS (Milton) and were in the same class. Wonder if this impacts his status at WF.

Maybe Daniel Blitch can get him a sweet security gig.

Sometimes people do things for other reasons than SPORTS.

Back