• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Divisional Playoff Week - Father Time Slays Peyton's Rectum !

Seriously, wasn't there someone a little more open somewhere in Green Bay than Dez against tight single coverage on the sideline?

I mean, really. Why try to replicate Staubach to Pearson in the 1975 Divisional Playoffs against the Vikings when you only need two yards?

Not to mention the amount of time you're about to leave on the clock by scoring too early.

I mean, really. Why try to replicate Staubach to Pearson in the 1975 Divisional Playoffs against the Vikings when you only need two yards?

Not to mention the amount of time you're about to leave on the clock by scoring too early.

the only thing that makes sense about the play call is that the coaches were probably figuring that GB would be stuffing the box to stop the run on 4th and short so wanted to take advantage of Dez in a 1 v 1 situation on the outside. it nearly worked.

i didn't hear Romo audible, so I do think that was the play called.

And good point on it leaving lots of time on the clock.

Didn't they show him with his standard "kill, kill, kill" audible before the snap?
Or was that the play at the end of the half where he audibled out of the run into a shotgun snap and promplty dropped the snap?

When you get the answer to this, please email it to Gary Kubiak. Thanks.

Looks like Romo glanced over the middle at Witten and Beasley on 3 to 5 yard routes before going long. I'd guess that Dez was either the primary receiver on the play or that Romo just made up his mind that he was going that way if he got single coverage.

I think 4th and 2 is too long for GB to really crowd the box too much in that situation because of the possibility of a big play and the probability that Dallas is going to throw it anyway. GB had six in the box and Dallas had four receivers out wide with Witten in the slot. Witten was double coverage and Beasley was pretty open underneath with single coverage.

Didn't they show him with his standard "kill, kill, kill" audible before the snap?
Or was that the play at the end of the half where he audibled out of the run into a shotgun snap and promplty dropped the snap?

that was the second play you referenced, and they were already in shotgun when he called the audible, which was a stupid formation to be using in that situation in the first place.

It all happened pretty quickly. Witten was covered up as one of the linebackers that looked like he was blitzing got right in Witten's path and would have easily made a play on the ball. By the time Beasley was open the ball was already being thrown and the pressure was coming. I'm guessing it was a pretty simple read. If it's man across the middle, hit Witten. If it's not, you gotta go to the 1-1 matchup with Dez.

Back