• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

DAT Cooking thread

d820dbb87fd7448040300d3ed1da2b6d.jpg

Smoked tri tip and homemade chimichurri. Sooo gudt.

Enjoy your well done steak.

I've never cooked a steak for 17 minutes in my entire life.

I cook mine 6 minutes in a Pan (flip every 30 seconds then after 4 minutes add butter and baste). But I haven't made many steaks on a grill, so don't know the difference. All these 10+ minute things sound goofy to me as well.

Enjoy your well done steak.

I've never cooked a steak for 17 minutes in my entire life.
That's 13 minutes with 4 resting. Still slightly too long, but not on the grill for 17.

Did one tonight with 3 per side over direct and then 6 total indirect and rested 5 and it was medium rare. A little more done than I wanted, but nowhere near well.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Did a modified Madhur Jaffrey chana masala tonight. It worked out pretty well.

Why don't more people cook flat iron steak? 2nd most tender cut and crazy cheap. $5.99 a pound at the teet. Cooked some beef and broccoli tonight. Delicious.

Why don't more people cook flat iron steak? 2nd most tender cut and crazy cheap. $5.99 a pound at the teet. Cooked some beef and broccoli tonight. Delicious.

We don't cook steak at home a lot but do get this from time to time. Always a great deal.

I did the Serious Eats vegetarian chili and it was a lot of work, but turned out well.

Back