• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

DAT Cooking thread

making gnocchi this weekend and eyeing the Serious Eats recipe, which calls for baking the potatoes instead of boiling them

anybody have a method they swear by?

I must be an outlier since I know DF2009 also loves Kenji but I’ve found his recipes so overly complicated it turns me off. Why buy 200 ingredients to make something? I know it’ll be good, but then you’ve spent $150 to make chili. Not something I’m gonna return to all the time.

I must be an outlier since I know DF2009 also loves Kenji but I’ve found his recipes so overly complicated it turns me off. Why buy 200 ingredients to make something? I know it’ll be good, but then you’ve spent $150 to make chili. Not something I’m gonna return to all the time.

I think his chili is an outlier and I’ve even see him admit on Twitter that it’s probably too complicated of a recipe.

Any good dinner recipes without meat? My wife is out of town today through Sunday afternoon and I’m looking to make a nice dinner for her when she gets back but she is significantly cutting back on meat at the moment which limits my options. Thinking of possibly lobster risotto or some kind of seafood pasta but open to suggestions.

got an Indian cooking class for my birthday

think I'mma do the North Indian class

lemme know what you learn about lentils pls

curry is really easy, and easily adaptable to whatever veggies you've got around.

recipes from smitten kitchen are always pleasers, and generally not too involved with crazy techniques or ingredients:
https://smittenkitchen.com/recipes/vegetarian/?format=list

homemade pasta dressed with olive oil and lemon and parmesan with a serving of fresh grilled salmon is simple yet fancy, especially with a nice summer salad (which to me means either fresh corn or berries in it).

Grilled cauliflower "steaks" with chimichurri sauce - bomb meat substitute.

Back