• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

DAT Cooking thread

Anyone got any good combos they like for smoothies? Thinking of fruit/greens, not really yogurt. I gotta Vitamix so it can grind that shit up good.

i always grab strawberries by the flat at the farmer's market and freeze them for smoothies instead of ice. one that's great on the kale subject is kale, kiwis, avocados, and juice. i do that one a lot as kiwis and avos are cheap at the farmer's market here. the avo adds creaminess and protein.

Kale, avocado, frozen mixed berries, OJ. That's my go-to.
You can do the same w/ almond milk instead of OJ and that's good, too.

I also throw in some chia seeds for good measure b/c they're supposed to be good for you or something.

Secret Santa from another forum got me the cookbook from the SF mac and cheese restaurant Homeroom. I'm excited to try one of their recipes.

I love just throwing together random marinades with stuff I have around for chicken and pork tenderloin. got some boneless thighs marinating in ginger, fish sauce, lime juice, soy, rice vinegar, garlic and will grill them tomorrow to top salad.

gonna make Charles Phan's lemongrass pork on Sunday to make bun noodle bowls (but will do it sous vide and finishing on the grill rather than roasting).

Did pineapple, kale, ginger, little bit of coconut water for my first one. Little too much ginger (had kind of a burn on every sip, but it was ok because I love ginger). Was impressed that my Vitamix turned it into basically a smooth juice.

I just go a Dutch oven. Give me your best recipe, I'm anxious to try it out this weekend.

One Dutch Oven recipe I am also planning to get to this winter is Chicken Adobo on the BGE, although obvs can be done in an oven as well (and I am skeptical how much smoke is imparted when you have a DO on the BGE).

Anyway, I have been recipe researching on that one. Will report back.

getting a smoker (or BGE) is defs on my list. right now we use our landlord's gas grill, which is pretty nice. My mom got me this for Christmas a few years ago, and it actually does a decent job imparting smoke flavor:
img3c.jpg

I love doing smoked ice for cocktails

I make mac and cheese in my dutch oven.

pork shoulder with sauerkraut in the dutch oven is the tits. basically, get a pork shoulder that fits in the dutch oven. trim the fat. season with s&p and cumin. brown on all sides. throw some sauerkraut, apples, beer, mustard, and caraway seeds in the dutch oven. cook on like 200-250 for as long as you can stand it. profit.

oh when it's done pull the pork out and pull it. pour some of the juices over it. take the rest of the ish, and mix in some fresh sauerkraut and warm. serve with mashed potatoes. NOM NOM NOM.

-chicken thighs on a bed of root veggies/squash.
-pork loin with apples, onions and butternut squash
-bread

pork shoulder with sauerkraut in the dutch oven is the tits. basically, get a pork shoulder that fits in the dutch oven. trim the fat. season with s&p and cumin. brown on all sides. throw some sauerkraut, apples, beer, mustard, and caraway seeds in the dutch oven. cook on like 200-250 for as long as you can stand it. profit.
Winner

Lbe how does your friend freeze the stuff and then use it? We have tried blending the kale and spinach the night before but it turned out weird the next day.

We do a cup of Kale a cup of spinach a splash of water a half cup of strawberries and a half cup of blueberries plus a scoop of strawberry or strawberry/banana protein powder

Lbe how does your friend freeze the stuff and then use it? We have tried blending the kale and spinach the night before but it turned out weird the next day.

We do a cup of Kale a cup of spinach a splash of water a half cup of strawberries and a half cup of blueberries plus a scoop of strawberry or strawberry/banana protein powder

dixie cups, then peels off the cups.

Back