• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

DAT Cooking thread

Find some good beef cheeks and braise them in the Dutch oven. Like pot roast on crack.

Beef cheeks are the best. Harvey's in Union Market often has them.

Nate Anda's joint in Union Market sometimes has them as well. Awesome and not expensive.

in search of some good hot sauce recipes

made a habenero sauce that turned out pretty good -- wanna try some more

Bon Appetit issues aside, always a fan of Brad Leone, he did a video on fermented hot sauce. Not a huge fan of hot sauce so I did not make it, but it is an interesting watch.

any gift ideas for people in your life who like to cook, but have a pretty complete kitchen?

18 hours does seem like a long time, but the SE guys tend to know what they're doing. And while I have a crockpot, I don't think I've ever once cooked anything in it. I've only used it to keep things warm. But this recipe looks pretty tasty, so maybe I'll give it a go.

Just pulled my duck confit from 36 hours in the sous vide (also using a serious eats recipe). Haven’t tried this one before so we’ll see how it goes.

Who has a great wing sauce recipe. Going to do half standard Buffalo but want to do something else too.

i made red beans and rice (using dried beans!) in the instapot last night. 90 min start to finish, most of which was just drinking time.

Tonight making brisket sandwiches with a recent southern living recipe my wife pulled out. Just started those bad boys in the slow cooker.

it irritates me how instant pot recipes are all like "X in only 15 minutes!" when it doesn't factor in the lengthy heat-up and depressuring times on either end. sure you can do a rapid depressurization but it's not always ideal.

agreed. but it's still pretty impressive how quickly it cooks things.

I don't think of the Instant Pot as being something that speeds up the cooking process beginning to end, but as a tool that reduces the amount of active cooking time

Back