• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

DAT Cooking thread

Give me your ballinest hummus recipe. I've tried like five and none have been home runs. Do not post very good recipes; bomb-ass only.

It was great. And not a complete shitshow like I was expecting.

yeah they sold an appropriate amount of tickets I thought. and it truly was all the cheese you can eat.

Brasky Fucks Food, or Food Fucks Brasky?

CBmc-B4UAAAwu03.jpg:large

made some awesome curried chickpea burgers last night w/ a lemon/garlic/yogurt sauce ... NOM.

Recipe please?

this makes two hearty patties (plus another little small blob because it was sticking to my hands)

2/3 can chick peas; mashed in a large bowl.
one yellow onion, small-diced
2 cloves garlic, minced/mashed
2 tbs flour
1-2 tbs parmesan (powdered like Kraft, not fresh-grated unless you have a really small grater)
2 tbs seasoning (we had a curry spice seasoning)

heat 2 T olive oil in a pan on medium high until hot, add onion/garlic/seasoning to pan. cook 4-5min until soft. Add the cooked onions/garlic/seasoning to the bowl of mashed chick peas. combine with the flour and parmesan until well-integrated.
form into two patties (or smaller for sliders, obvs).

heat 2 T olive oil in same pan from before until hot. turn heat back to medium, carefully add patties and cook, 3-4 min per side, until crispy outside and warmed through.

serve on buns w/ sliced cucumber and lemon/garlic/yogurt sauce (which is 2/3 C plain greek yogurt, juice from 1/2 lemon, and one small minced/mashed clove of garlic).

DELICIOUS, and very easy. the satisfaction:effort ratio was spot-on.

the other 1/3 can of chick peas got roasted with sliced sweet potatoes, which had been tossed in EVOO/salt/pepper/a little more curry seasoning and roasted at 450 for 20min.

Last edited:
that was a blue apron dish; will definitely make it again. little bro sent a bunch of indian spice blends from Penzey's for xmas last year, so i think i can replicate the seasoning pretty well.

The silly over-the-top deifying of people that apply heat to animal carcasses and plants continues (this does look amaz):

Made a feast yesterday. From scratch rabbit ravioli with a spicy "angry bunny" carrot sauce, persian cucumber gazpacho, asparagus tart, and a coffee rubbed dry-aged standing rib roast. And my friend brought over an olive oil and mineola cake that was the shit. And we drank all of the booze. Good times.

Bump. I'm in wedding $ saving mode so I'm bringing lunches to work instead of going out to lunch every day. So I like to make big meals on Sunday and eat leftovers over the course of the week. So far I've smoked whole chickens and pork shoulder, as well as roasting chickens. I'm looking for ideas for these big kinds of things, preferably that could include summery vegetables as well as non-cow meats.

Ideas?

One thing I like to do with the chicken carcass after roasting is make a stock with carrots and onions and garlic and herbs, save the stock, and use it to cook quinoa or drizzle over when roasting veggies. Adds awesome flavor.

Bump. I'm in wedding $ saving mode so I'm bringing lunches to work instead of going out to lunch every day. So I like to make big meals on Sunday and eat leftovers over the course of the week. So far I've smoked whole chickens and pork shoulder, as well as roasting chickens. I'm looking for ideas for these big kinds of things, preferably that could include summery vegetables as well as non-cow meats.

Ideas?

One thing I like to do with the chicken carcass after roasting is make a stock with carrots and onions and garlic and herbs, save the stock, and use it to cook quinoa or drizzle over when roasting veggies. Adds awesome flavor.

veg lasagna
black bean enchiladas
quinoa salad is good if you have time to slice fresh tomatoes int he morning or at work

ill try to think of more

the lady doesn't really love pasta, which doesn't rule it out (i could still make it for myself) but typically i look elsewhere

not that she won't eat it, but she prefers brown rice pasta and i've found it doesn't hold up nearly as well when you cook with it

A big batch of Jambalaya on a Sunday could easily get you through the week

Ideas?

Load up three baking dishes with homemade enchiladas. The whole oven is hot, might as well leverage excess capacity.

I also am a big fan of a rice dish (like paella, for example) on Sunday that you turn into sides on Monday and Tuesday.

One thing I do a lot is couscous and black beans for a base and you can do a ton of varieties off of that: all types of veggies, cheeses, spices, proteins.

Back