• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

TapTalk - Formatting Changed?

YankeeInAtlanta

Reaction score
I've been using TapTalk to access the forums on my iPhone and I noticed that a few weeks ago that the formatting completely changed.

Previously, I could select a forum and then I would see forum threads in the same order as the forums including stickies and whether there was new content in those threads. If i looked at a forum thread on my phone or on my computer, it synced with the website so I knew I had already looked at the "new" posts.

Now, it shows threads from all OGB forums and they are not displayed in the same order as when I look at them on my laptop. The formatting is worse and it is difficult to look through the boards on TapTalk now.

I've spent some time trying to figure out how to adjust the formatting or settings on TapTalk so that it functions and looks like it used to but there doesn't seem to be any real options to format TapTalk for the boards.

Has anyone else experienced this with TapTalk or figured out how to fix it so you can see the boards in the same way and order of threads as you do when you view on your laptop?

Yeah, this is all on Tapatalk's end and is super frustrating. To get to a list of subforums and display them as you would see them on the normal boards, the best way to do this (I think) is to 1) Go to our boards area, the place where you see the banner and all the different threads from every possible forum (the annoying one). 2) Click the OGBoards text at the very top of the screen, this will bring up a drop down menu. 3) Click the OGBoards text listed underneath the "ALL SUB-FORUMS" header, that will bring up a list of the sub-forums, and then 4) Click whichever sub-forum you want from there. To switch between boards you basically do the same thing, just clicking the OGBoards text at the top and repeating the actions.

Yeah I spent roughly 20 minutes trying to find it this afternoon (and would consider myself pretty tech savvy) and had to ask for help to find it. Regardless of liking or disliking the format, if it's this hard to find the subforum sorting then it's not a good design.

Back