• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

wedding party cost question

Question for dudes.

1st Anniversary is supposed to be "paper" or "clocks."

Any ideas from y'all would be appreciated.

A nice card. Don't set the bar too high on year one.

Reactions: Go
for our 1 year anniversary i bought a glass vase and some nice paper stock with a fancy script pen. i cut the paper into 365 pieces and wrote little notes. i told her she should take one out each day of the coming year. (i love you, we met xx/xx/xxxx, our first date xx/xx/xxxx, i choose you every day etc, probably had some silly jokes as well) took a while but as cheesy as it sounds it went over pretty well (and my wife is not overly sentimental).

Reactions: Go
I got her some hardcover editions of one of her favorite book series -- her paper copies were super worn. I did other stuff, but that was the "paper" gift.

I did something similar to Lady - my parents have this old wedding certificate that looks exactly like this, and i basically copied the language off it, mocked up a design in photoshop with our colors/fonts/etc. and printed it on 16"x20" for like $4 at Staples. Bought a $12 frame from AC Moore and was done for under $20. Currently sits on the mantle, she loves it

I know you are asking dudes, but I'm chiming in anyway :)

I know a number of people that have gifted tickets as a first anniversary paper present - and this is flexible enough it could be tickets to a play, a concert, plane tickets to a vacation, etc etc etc.

And for my husband I got this (and think maybe I originally found out about it through Chic?!), but I think this could be a good gift to either husband or wife:

Custom illustrated house portrait

il_570xN.299410433.jpg

Looks like this particular seller isn't in business anymore, but you could find something similar I'm sure.

My mom had an artist do a drawing of their lake house and created note cards from that drawing.

We have one our refrigerator and as I was walking by it this weekend just thought #swpl

You have all given great ideas, I really appreciate it!

I'm getting married in two weeks

Hopefully it goes well

There will be late night tacos and shot glass of milk/chocolate chip cookies

I went to a reception that had some cakes and deserts homemade by friends for snacks, and then they had the taco truck roll up a couple hours into it. Everybody got two free tacos I think. Not a bad idea and a good way to save money if the venue permits it.

Back