• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

wedding party cost question

Like, a friend who wouldn't know anybody there? That would be just as much work as a date who knew nobody, but less payoff. What I mean is that I'll already know so many people at the wedding, I won't need to bring someone with me, it'd be more fun just to catch up with old friends. Or maybe I'll have a date by then!

Aren't you almost 30? Do you still have friends that can't handle themselves in a social situation?

Aren't you almost 30? Do you still have friends that can't handle themselves in a social situation?

I am 30 and my friends are socially fine. But I'm a big worrier about people having fun. I wouldn't want to go to a wedding where I only knew one person, unless I was going with a (romantic) date.

This wasn't supposed to be about what kind of person I should bring, it was about it seeming out of the ordinary that the bride was pushing us to bring guests, when most people are happy to keep the guest list down.

Meh.... Either you have a good friend that makes sense to bring or not. I wouldn't sweat it either way.

I'm sure there are some single bros here who would go with you rtq, all it takes is an ask, and hell, you might be doing them a favor

I could find a date if I wanted to just bring a random person. I don't. Sorry I brought it up!

REEEEJECTED!!

280126185_640.jpg

This. We celebrate every time someone says they're not coming...or that they broke up with their boyfriend.

I can see being happy about people not wanting to bring +1s, but celebrating anytime someone you invited said they aren't coming? I get the cost savings, but if you really don't care that they won't be there, why invite them at all?

I can see being happy about people not wanting to bring +1s, but celebrating anytime someone you invited said they aren't coming? I get the cost savings, but if you really don't care that they won't be there, why invite them at all?

We had a lot of parents friends that we didn't know too well invited, if it was our friends who couldn't come I would be sad as well.

At my wedding reception a guy I grew up with was so bombed he went out in front of the hotel, still wearing his suit, and started acting like a valet, taking random people's luggage and keys as they drove up. Then the real valets came back and ran him off, but not until after he had parked someone's Lexus and thrown their luggage behind the bushes.

This sounds like something out of a movie.

for us it was one of those Southern small town things whereby if you didn't invite someone it looked bad (for her parents, I didn't really care/thought it was dumb). I sure as shit wouldn't care if those randos whom I'd never met showed up or not. But I sure as hell wanted all of our friends/family we invited to be there (except distant cousins).

At my wedding reception a guy I grew up with was so bombed he went out in front of the hotel, still wearing his suit, and started acting like a valet, taking random people's luggage and keys as they drove up. Then the real valets came back and ran him off, but not until after he had parked someone's Lexus and thrown their luggage behind the bushes.

He sounds like a dick.

for us it was one of those Southern small town things whereby if you didn't invite someone it looked bad (for her parents, I didn't really care/thought it was dumb). I sure as shit wouldn't care if those randos whom I'd never met showed up or not. But I sure as hell wanted all of our friends/family we invited to be there (except distant cousins).
Been there, felt the same way during invitation time, but a lot of those rando parents friends gave us $texas or sweet gifts from the registry.

Been there, felt the same way during invitation time, but a lot of those rando parents friends gave us $texas or sweet gifts from the registry.

haha from those people we got like random cheese sets, picture frames, and napkins, none of which we registered for. seriously, we have like 12 sets of napkins now.

haha from those people we got like random cheese sets, picture frames, and napkins, none of which we registered for. seriously, we have like 12 sets of napkins now.
haha, got lucky I guess.

Back