• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Offical Sports Betting Thread

UL-L +50
Ohio State -4.5
Buffalo -7

Thought about Virginia Tech +3.5 as a good value bet as people overreact to the ODU loss, but stayed away. The Hokies might actually be that bad, and not sure what to make of Duke's QB returning today.

I'd love to see the stats about how well 35+, 40+ point college favorites do.

I’ve done nothing today. Might take Ohio State tonight, but don’t feel strongly about much this week.

UL-L +50
Ohio State -4.5
Buffalo -7

Thought about Virginia Tech +3.5 as a good value bet as people overreact to the ODU loss, but stayed away. The Hokies might actually be that bad, and not sure what to make of Duke's QB returning today.

Obviously it’s not relevant to today, but VT won 10 straight games including the ACC Championship after they lost to JMU in 2010.

Obviously it’s not relevant to today, but VT won 10 straight games including the ACC Championship after they lost to JMU in 2010.

Decided to double check after reading this, and the line went to VT +6 so went ahead and pulled the trigger.

Yeah, I want to take the Hokies since I kind of think Jackson sucks anyway, but I can’t pull the trigger. Haven’t seen Duke play much this year, so I’m cautious.

VT needs the D to show up today and make some big plays. But that FSU win in Week 1 looks much less impressive now.

Duke is due for a shitty performance, but it feels like they are getting a VT team that is down in the dumps right now... Probably a good spot for Duke.

Took Duke in my ATS pick ‘em league, but have no confidence.

I’m obviously all over the place on this one.

Got a good start with

State -5.5
Over 53 in State and UVA
Oklahoma State -17
WVU -3.5

Have left:
Oklahoma -21.5
LSU -10.5

I’ve had a good day. Took State moneyline then Tennessee +31. Currently have VT moneyline and ND moneyline.

Not that I expect them to lose, because the Ole Miss defense is awful, but I don’t think I would ever take an Ed Orgeron team as a double digit favorite.

I hear you, i put the least amount of money on that one. Line looks so good for what the two teams are but didn't trust Coach O enough to put too much on it.

The guy who takes the biggest underdog has to be feeling good about the 49ers start. Or were jets worse?

It was the 49ers this week. When I did it, Bills were +10 and Niners were +10.5.

I actually took the Packers -10.

Got skunked last week. Not loving the college games this week.

Liking Titans -3.5, Oakland +7,

Has anyone ever gotten a check from Bovada? I have one coming my way and would love to know your experience when it came time to cash it.

Some hot picks here:

BYU -2.5 vs Utah State
Texas +250 vs OU
Cuse -3 @ Pitt
LSU -2 @ FLA (this seems like a lock)
OSU -25.5 (no let down like Iowa this year, Kevin Wilson vs old team)
UK +6 @ A&M (also seems too much like a lock)
Wisconsin -18 vs Nebraska (Nebraska players have quit, Wisconsin due for a good game)

Back