• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Offical Sports Betting Thread

Has anyone ever gotten a check from Bovada? I have one coming my way and would love to know your experience when it came time to cash it.

If it's anything like the ones I have gotten from superbook.ag it's nothing to sweat. Says it's from the virgin islands or something similar and you have to go to an actual bank to deposit (no mobile deposit) but other than a funny look ive never had any problem. It will obviously say some parent company that is completely unknown by anyone. Any time i've ever gotten a question I just say it was for services rendered helping said company with a website and that's all i've ever needed to say. That's only happened once though so I doubt they even give you a second look.

Some hot picks here:

BYU -2.5 vs Utah State
Texas +250 vs OU
Cuse -3 @ Pitt
LSU -2 @ FLA (this seems like a lock)
OSU -25.5 (no let down like Iowa this year, Kevin Wilson vs old team)
UK +6 @ A&M (also seems too much like a lock)
Wisconsin -18 vs Nebraska (Nebraska players have quit, Wisconsin due for a good game)

Haven't done anything yet, but I lean UF over LSU and I really like A&M over UK. No opinion yet on UT/OU. I won't be doing anything w/ the others.

Who is ASU Brasky?

Also Kentucky is on the road.

Whichever ones I post seem to lose despite my doing well overall, so I'm keeping mine to myself, ya suckers

If it's anything like the ones I have gotten from superbook.ag it's nothing to sweat. Says it's from the virgin islands or something similar and you have to go to an actual bank to deposit (no mobile deposit) but other than a funny look ive never had any problem. It will obviously say some parent company that is completely unknown by anyone. Any time i've ever gotten a question I just say it was for services rendered helping said company with a website and that's all i've ever needed to say. That's only happened once though so I doubt they even give you a second look.

My experience too, no questions asked for me though they were super nice and apologized that they weren’t able to mobile deposit

Who is ASU Brasky?

Also Kentucky is on the road.

Whichever ones I post seem to lose despite my doing well overall, so I'm keeping mine to myself, ya suckers

Will be a great test for KY and their undefeated season going to A&M. Tough venue.

UK is good, but one of these weeks their QB is going to have a nightmare game.

Kyle Field seems like a good venue for him to implode.

Like:

Utah St. +2.5
Baylor -4.5
GA Southern -11.5
Vandy +26.5
Utah +4
Auburn/Miss. State U 44.5

NFL:
Baltimore/Cleveland U 45.5
Minnesota/Philly O 46.5
Jacksonville +3

UK is good, but one of these weeks their QB is going to have a nightmare game.

Kyle Field seems like a good venue for him to implode.

Yes, I was there a couple of years ago to check off another bucket list venue. What a place when it gets going. The male cheer guys have all the motions & cheers going and the crowd knows what to do at every moment. And they do it right at key 3rd down stop moments, etc. And that damn cannon goes off after every score and it is hard not to jump when it does. I think they can pack about 105,000 in there and like most southern football stadiums, it goes straight up and holds the noise in.

Some hot picks here:

BYU -2.5 vs Utah State
Texas +250 vs OU
Cuse -3 @ Pitt
Wisconsin -18 vs Nebraska (Nebraska players have quit, Wisconsin due for a good game)

Also like Wisconsin & Cuse. Took Indiana, they are good enough to cover IMO.

Chased BYU when it became apparent that UL was gonna get crushed.

Tempted to go ahead and hedge all my bets. I have all the bad vibes.

Don't like a ton of games this week.

State -6 v. BC
UAB +9 @ Louisiana Tech
Navy -2.5 @ Air Force
Buffalo -7.5 @ Central Michigan
Baylor -4.5 v. Kansas State
Oklahoma State -9 v. Iowa State

I actually like Florida +2.5 against LSU. Can see Gators winning outright.

Pretty horrible week. Somehow pushed on the bets I actually ended up making though. UK +5.5 was a crusher. UCF laying the points was the only one that ended up seeming like easy money (other than Clemson which I should have taken).

Some hot picks here:

BYU -2.5 vs Utah State
Texas +250 vs OU
Cuse -3 @ Pitt

Yeah, that’s impressive.

0-5-1 w/ a nice ML Texas win that probably puckered your asshole for a bit.

I teased Clemson and the over yesterday and I feel dirty

Got a fairly large bet on the SNF game, gotta chase redemption.

Won’t say on whom, but no doubt it’s gonna be a butt clincher.

Got a fairly large bet on the SNF game, gotta chase redemption.

Won’t say on whom, but no doubt it’s gonna be a butt clincher.

And I lost in OT. Should of taken the spread, not chased the ML.

What a weekend of poop.

Back