• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Offical Sports Betting Thread

Some epic bad beats (or miracle covers) this weekend. Among them:

State was -5.5 (or -6), was up 28-3 on BC with 2 minutes left in the 3rd quarter, despite getting a 19 yard FG (shorter than a PAT) blocked early in the 3rd quarter. AJ Dillon out. Should've been an easy cover. State fumbles twice late and gets a punt blocked. BC closes to 28-23, State ends the game downing the ball on the BC 10 going in.

Dolphins +6 was up 17-3 on the Bengals in the 4th quarter. Essentially, impossible to not cover. Dolphins throw a 4th quarter pick 6 on a pass that ricocheted off the helmet of an Dolphin OL which was directed right to a Bengals DL that was out of play. Then, with 2 minutes to go, the Bengals then get a scoop and score on a sack for the clinching cover -- Bengals win 27-17 with a 24 point 4th quarter.

Arizona Cardinal/SF 49ers under 40.5. Game is 14-12 with 5+ minutes left. Neither team had scored in the last 11 possessions at that point; perfect under play. Cardinals score two TDs in a minute: one on a defensive scoop and score; the second right after a pick set up a short field. Even so, still covering the under by a half point only to have SF score a meaningless TD late. No points for 36 minutes; 20 points in 3 minutes. Ouch.

80% of the betting public has over 51 tonight for MNF, Redskins vs Saints as Brees goes for the all-time passing record

I was thinking Washington and the points earlier in the week, but that seems very consensus. Staying away, but hoping for a lot of points and an entertaining game.

Gun to head I take NO at this point... Not sure the Skins can keep up if the Saints come out and move the ball as they should.

I was thinking Washington and the points earlier in the week, but that seems very consensus. Staying away, but hoping for a lot of points and an entertaining game.

Gun to head I take NO at this point... Not sure the Skins can keep up if the Saints come out and move the ball as they should.

how about teasing the saints and over?

Some epic bad beats (or miracle covers) this weekend. Among them:

State was -5.5 (or -6), was up 28-3 on BC with 2 minutes left in the 3rd quarter, despite getting a 19 yard FG (shorter than a PAT) blocked early in the 3rd quarter. AJ Dillon out. Should've been an easy cover. State fumbles twice late and gets a punt blocked. BC closes to 28-23, State ends the game downing the ball on the BC 10 going in.

Dolphins +6 was up 17-3 on the Bengals in the 4th quarter. Essentially, impossible to not cover. Dolphins throw a 4th quarter pick 6 on a pass that ricocheted off the helmet of an Dolphin OL which was directed right to a Bengals DL that was out of play. Then, with 2 minutes to go, the Bengals then get a scoop and score on a sack for the clinching cover -- Bengals win 27-17 with a 24 point 4th quarter.

Arizona Cardinal/SF 49ers under 40.5. Game is 14-12 with 5+ minutes left. Neither team had scored in the last 11 possessions at that point; perfect under play. Cardinals score two TDs in a minute: one on a defensive scoop and score; the second right after a pick set up a short field. Even so, still covering the under by a half point only to have SF score a meaningless TD late. No points for 36 minutes; 20 points in 3 minutes. Ouch.

The Wake under (61 I think) was a brutal beat, as was UK +5.5. UK kicker missed in OT and then A&M scores the TD rather than kicking to win.

how about teasing the saints and over?

I don’t play a lot of over/unders.

No real reason... I just don’t enjoy it as much and I don’t feel like I ever have an edge.

Of course, I never have an edge, so it shouldn’t matter.

I don’t play a lot of over/unders.

No real reason... I just don’t enjoy it as much and I don’t feel like I ever have an edge.

Of course, I never have an edge, so it shouldn’t matter.
I love teasing the spread and over/under on the same game

I feel like there's definite value, like tonight I had the saints in a pickem and over 46 at -282

80% of the betting public has over 51 tonight for MNF, Redskins vs Saints as Brees goes for the all-time passing record

Well, that over was easy. Glad I got on it at the last minute. Look at App state tonight -9.5 @ Ark St. 73% are on App St & 80% are on the over 60 pts. App St is an offensive juggernaut and on a roll to a possible 11 win season with the road game at now 4-1 Ga Southern & the finale at home against 5-1 Troy standing in their way. They put 45 on Penn St, 72 on Gardner Webb & 52 on South Alabama.

Has there been a discussion of the best gambling apps? I would like to give my money to someone else.

Atlanta -2.5 at home vs. Tampa Bay looks like free money this weekend

Yeah that's a dumb line. Jameis coming back isn't something to be afraid of and the Falcons are much better at home

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah but it looks like the falcons have given up

Bucs-Falcons is tricky. The Falcons should be better, much better. The Bucs flashed a pretty high ceiling, but could suck royally. I could see anything from Falcons by 3 or 4 TDs to Bucs by 10.

Well, that over was easy. Glad I got on it at the last minute. Look at App state tonight -9.5 @ Ark St. 73% are on App St & 80% are on the over 60 pts. App St is an offensive juggernaut and on a roll to a possible 11 win season with the road game at now 4-1 Ga Southern & the finale at home against 5-1 Troy standing in their way. They put 45 on Penn St, 72 on Gardner Webb & 52 on South Alabama.

Easy pickings for App State last night. They are a force to reckon with in this conference at home or on the road.

Saturday, Florida over Vandy & Cal over UCLA look to be pretty good. VT over UNC, Bama over Mizzou, ND over Pitt. For an upset pick, try Ohio +4 over N Ill. NFL, Minnesota over Zona, Houston over Buffalo, Rams over Denver & Green Bay on MNF

Easy pickings for App State last night. They are a force to reckon with in this conference at home or on the road.

Saturday, Florida over Vandy & Cal over UCLA look to be pretty good. VT over UNC, Bama over Mizzou, ND over Pitt. For an upset pick, try Ohio +4 over N Ill. NFL, Minnesota over Zona, Houston over Buffalo, Rams over Denver & Green Bay on MNF

So other than your upset pick, that 9-team, heavy favorite moneyline parlay will pay about 2 to 1 odds, right? Or are you planning to play all those teams against the spread?

Back