• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Offical Sports Betting Thread

I guess. Both teams have scored a lot of points against a weak schedule, so the metrics aren't going to show much of an advantage for UCF. I'd be shocked if they won by less than 10 though. I haven't seen either team much, but I think I've watched about 10 minutes of UCF this season and they scored about 5 TDs.

You're missing the point, I think.

I am not trying to predict what I think should happen in the game. I gave up on that a long time ago. I am not smarter than anyone else that spends a lot of time watching college football. I am trying to wager money based on public sentiment, which I think is skewed way too far in one direction. I'm trying to get ~60%+ of these wagers correct and this game looks like a good value to me relative to others on the slate.

The GT -3 call against Duke is a pretty similar setup... Difference being that GT is favored.

The NFL is a different animal, but this week I just think there are some road teams not getting enough credit (PHI JAX BAL... Maybe LAR). I'm usually a home dog guy, but that's a trend that may be played out a bit right now.

Yup.

I don't care if Duke is prepared... I think GT is going to run all over them. That's the entirety of my thesis.

I never claimed I was profound.

Why do I have to keep telling you Ga Tech sucks ?

tenor.gif

You're missing the point, I think.

I am not trying to predict what I think should happen in the game. I gave up on that a long time ago. I am not smarter than anyone else that spends a lot of time watching college football. I am trying to wager money based on public sentiment, which I think is skewed way too far in one direction. I'm trying to get ~60%+ of these wagers correct and this game looks like a good value to me relative to others on the slate.

Yup.

I don't care if Duke is prepared... I think GT is going to run all over them. That's the entirety of my thesis.

I never claimed I was profound.

The second guy should take the first guy’s advice.

The second guy should take the first guy’s advice.

And I’ve NEVER claimed to bat .1000.

Duke beat up GT. Not a good way for me to start a weekend of gambling on college football.

But it’s one game.

And I’ve NEVER claimed to bat .1000.

Duke beat up GT. Not a good way for me to start a weekend of gambling on college football.

But it’s one game.

I hope you bat better than .1000. That would mean you only hit 1 out of every 10. But if you hit 1.000, you'd be winning every bet.

NFL Action Today:
JAX -3 DAL
HOU -10 BUF
TB +3 ATL
BAL -3 TEN

Tennessee getting a lot of love because they are 2-0 ATS as a home dog this year (and won both of those games outright).

Reminder that my play this week was road teams... PHI JAX TB BAL.

Kind of like NE & GB tonight and tomorrow night, but it'll depend on how things go today.

Good day in college yesterday after ugly GT start.

NFL Action Today:
JAX -3 DAL
HOU -10 BUF
TB +3 ATL
BAL -3 TEN

Tennessee getting a lot of love because they are 2-0 ATS as a home dog this year (and won both of those games outright).

Kind of like NE & GB tonight and tomorrow night, but it'll depend on how things go today.

looks like these are going to go 1-3 or 2-2 at best but we all agreed these were good picks but players and refs did not cooperate

NFL Action Today:
JAX -3 DAL
HOU -10 BUF
TB +3 ATL
BAL -3 TEN

That's gambling haha. I've stayed away almost all year, it would have been a rough one if not.

Another brutal weekend betting college games. Didn't bet yesterday but took GB -9.5 tonight.

This felt like a survive-and-advance type game for GB. Took the Niners +10.

Took GB in my survivor league pool trying to be aggressive. Less than 100 peeps left out of 16,000. Slightly nervous right now :eek:

How big is the pot?

Like 15 grand. Think everyone paid $10 a team, as many entries as you wanted, and the guy hosting it took a small % for running it. I wouldn’t pay more than $10-$20 with multiple entries allowed.

Back