• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Offical Sports Betting Thread

I also typed the original number wrong, it was 1600 entries, not 16000 haha. Slight difference and not quite as impressive. Still was sweating it out yesterday though.

Skipped Saturday's games due to the wedding and only bet on the Skins Sunday so I ended up 1-0. Dilly dilly!

College picks:
Temple -3.5 at home vs Cincy
Marshall at home +3 vs FAU
Navy at home +13 vs Houston
Utah St -15 @ Wyoming
Happy Appy at home -24 vs UL Laf
Ohio at home -16 vs Bowling Green [just fired their coach]

NFL is tough
Tampa Bay at home -3 vs Cleveland

We were Stanford Steve’s moneyline pick of the week on his pod with The Bear from GameDay

We were Stanford Steve’s moneyline pick of the week on his pod with The Bear from GameDay

I hope he is correct! FSU does not have a good Oline so if we can get a rush on Francois he will make mistakes! We should have beat them last year, leading 12-3 in the 3rd before a couple of mistakes derailed us. I hope they have a little hangover from blowing the Miami game & I hope our week off gives us a few people back from injuries and a regrouping of our defense.

ON a side note Stanford Steve picks games on ESPN College chalk site along with Fallica & Steele every week. His overall record is a great 25-9 and he was 4-1 last week. Steele is 24-17 & Fallica is 22-18. Really good site to read up on stuff on Thursdays as they have Suicide pool notes plus NFL info.

I like:

Tulane -7 (controversial call against SMU last year kept the Green Wave from a Bowl)
WF/FSU U60
Kansas +19
Navy +13
Miss. St. +6.5
Temple -3 (some unbelievably strong ATS trends back a favorite, when an undefeated team is a dog to a team with at least 3 losses; rarely happens; Cincy going down)

In the ACC, lean to NC State +17.5 (lots of divergent opinions on this game; State has the more experienced QB, and they have been getting better; that said, when Clemson is focused, they are scary), UNC +10 (UNC has all of the players back, and their running attack has been strong lately, Cuse run defense stinks; likely high scoring game), UVA +6.5 (Mendenhall is a solid coach; UVA has a solid defense; likely to be low scoring game; take the points).

I'm all over Clemson tomorrow. Everybody's on State thinking that line's high. On the aforementioned Stanford Steve/Bear pod they dropped a stat that the last eight unbeatens who were something like a 2 TD+ dog all failed to cover -- that line is high for a reason

I'm all over Clemson tomorrow. Everybody's on State thinking that line's high. On the aforementioned Stanford Steve/Bear pod they dropped a stat that the last eight unbeatens who were something like a 2 TD+ dog all failed to cover -- that line is high for a reason
Nice

Good calls by Pilch on UVA and UNC as well -- love me some road teams generally but loved Clem in that spot. I wasn't so accurate on the Wahoos

Bama is also 1-7 in the 2H spread.

So, if you took Bama in the 1H of every game, and went against them in the 2H of every game (as Saban plays his walk-ons), you would be sitting at 15-1 ATS right now. Not bad.

Was going through some of my stats for the ATS league I'm in...

4-0 in games involving UF... (3-0 on them, 1-0 against them)
0-6 in games involving the Cincinnati Bengals... (0-3 on them, 0-3 against them)

There are other outliers, but those were the biggest.

I’m 15-5 in my last 20 bets after taking Georgia southern +10.5 and Texans 7.5 last night. I should probably just retire.

Had GA Southern as well, but also had the under 47 1/2. Game was 34-7 when App scored a garbage touchdown with 10 seconds left to put it over (34-14) by a 1/2 point. Pain.

Had GA Southern as well, but also had the under 47 1/2. Game was 34-7 when App scored a garbage touchdown with 10 seconds left to put it over (34-14) by a 1/2 point. Pain.

Had Georgia Southern and the Houston Texans!

(also had Virginia Tech... I have been horrible with both GT/VT this year, and last night was no different)

Gotta shop for that best line!

Though that actually would be an interesting discussion, what juice are people willing to pay to get a better line? I wouldn't go above -115 because of diminishing returns and how rarely things land on the actual number (esp in college), but perhaps even that is too high

Last edited:
Back