• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Offical Sports Betting Thread

Had Georgia Southern and the Houston Texans!

(also had Virginia Tech... I have been horrible with both GT/VT this year, and last night was no different)

Had the Houston Texans in the suicide pool [4 of us did] as we have 16 left out of 202 entries. So I can enjoy the weekend now and hope for some upsets. Many have already used New England & KC and we still have them left to use.

Had Ohio & the VT/GT over last night and really got lucky with the App over as Pilch said but I will take it. I like BC +3.5 tonight

Saturday: Houston -7.5 over USF, Iowa St -3.5 over Tex Tech, Nevada +2.5 over SD State, Charlotte +7.5 vs S Miss, A&M +2.5 @ Miss St, Ark +1.5 @ Vandy, Iowa +6 @ Penn St, Purdue +2.5 @ Mich St & Fresno St -24 vs Hawaii.
NFL-San Fran p @ Zona, & Philly -3 over Jax [who are a cluster] in London on Sunday morning

Got to stray from a lot of the high-profile action this week to find value:

Like:

UCONN +4.5
Arkansas +1.5
Maryland -17.5
Kansas State +24.5
San Jose State -2.5 (taking a favorite who has lost 19 straight games is typically stupid)
Texas State - Pick
Purdue/MSU under 48

In the ACC, would lean to BC tonight (Dillon is back, Miami's offense is a mess), Pitt/Duke under 45.5, State -2. In the big games, lean to FL getting points (but I hate their QB and UGA has had week to stew over the LSU loss) and Iowa (but everyone seems to be on Iowa, yet the line is not moving, which means sharp action is on Penn State). Finally, for trend players, the underdog is 7-0 in Northwestern games this year (NW is 3-0 ATS as a dog, 0-4 ATS as a fave), and they are getting 4.5 from Wisconsin.

Wonder how the cold will factor in tonight in the BC game. Kickoff temperature projected at 40. Should benefit BC

I'm a Florida Gator, but there is zero chance of me taking them tomorrow. Won't wager on UGA, but that's only because I couldn't stand myself if I did. Unless the UF defense can force some turnovers (and probably score some points), I don't see how the Gators score enough to win this one. Especially w/ a pissed off UGA coming off of a bye week.

If UF does somehow manage to win, I suspect we won't see Biff until sometime in 2019.

I'm a Florida Gator, but there is zero chance of me taking them tomorrow. Won't wager on UGA, but that's only because I couldn't stand myself if I did. Unless the UF defense can force some turnovers (and probably score some points), I don't see how the Gators score enough to win this one. Especially w/ a pissed off UGA coming off of a bye week.

If UF does somehow manage to win, I suspect we won't see Biff until sometime in 2019.

I'm staying away from picking a winner in this one, but I do kind of like the under (52). Amazingly to me, that's the same O/U as the Iowa/Penn St. game. I really wanted to take the over in that one, but then I saw that there's a bunch of rain in State College, to include through kickoff. Could get sloppy.

Otherwise, I've got:

Oklahoma State +4
Missouri -7
Iowa State -4
Nevada +2.5
Kansas State +25

The total in the WF/L'ville game opened at 62. It's now 68. Dortch factor?

Good day in college football.

Looking forward to giving it all back tomorrow on:

JAX +3.5
NYJ +7.5
OAK +3
DET -3

I don’t like many lines today at all. Bengals -4 looks good. Panthers +2.5 at home also intriguing but if I take that I’ll just take panthers money line as a home dog.

I didn’t realize that went from +1 to +2.5. Nice.

I know Gurley just burned someone on here. That would have covered and hit the over. Hahahaha

LSU opening at biggest home dog since the 1999 Spurrier years when FL came in loaded. They are +14.5 to Bama Saturday night.

Last edited:
Klempton only favored by 40 or whatever against Louisville might be the easiest play of the year given that Klempton can’t help scoring less than 70 against that defense.

And Syracuse should beat Wake in a 48-14 type game.

This is too easy.

Klempton only favored by 40 or whatever against Louisville might be the easiest play of the year given that Klempton can’t help scoring less than 70 against that defense.

And Syracuse should beat Wake in a 48-14 type game.

This is too easy.

Don't forget that Wake will score against Syracuse.

Don't forget that Wake will score against Syracuse.

Yes you’re right. The spread is 4 and Syracuse should win in a 48-14 type game.

If Wake gets some stops and some turnovers and and Dortch stays healthy they may only lose 35-28. Because as you said Wake will score.

Yes you’re right. The spread is 4 and Syracuse should win in a 48-14 type game.

If Wake gets some stops and some turnovers and and Dortch stays healthy they may only lose 35-28. Because as you said Wake will score.

I am going with a game more in the 52-45 range with the team having the ball last winning and turnovers playing a huge part. We need to have a game like we did at Louisville!

93% of early bets on cuse: https://www.sportsinsights.com/ncaaf/.

Gotta say I love the spot for us -- if we're ever gonna catch a team feeling way too overconfident in itself, a primetime win that got them bowl eligible for the first time in five years and ranked to boot would seem to suffice

Last year’s WF win was a major embarrassment for Cuse. Think it may have been the most points Cuse ever surrendered in the Dome. That win also kept Cuse from bowling. So, they have motivation.

Back