• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Offical Sports Betting Thread

Last year’s WF win was a major embarrassment for Cuse. Think it may have been the most points Cuse ever surrendered in the Dome. That win also kept Cuse from bowling. So, they have motivation.

Positive-emotion-trumps-negative-emotion-every-time.jpg

Check out Ohio -2 tonight vs Western Michigan. QB Wassink is out for WM and they were beaten last week by Toledo 51-24 for their first loss. Solich has Ohio playing well & they have a ground game chomping up the clock & yards.

Look at Mich St -3 against a MD team in turmoil. MD doesn't do well against teams that defend the rush and Sparty only gives up 77 yards per game on the ground. Also looking at Clemson -39 vs 'Ville, Bama -15 against LSU & Wazu -10.5 vs Cal [Wazu is 8-0 ATS]

Lean Bama, but that's a big number. Likely pass.

My style is more to fade Wazzu at this point, but it bit me in the ass last week against Stanford.

Will probably do more as the weekend goes along, but I like:

NCAA:
Auburn -4 over Texas A&M
UNC +6 over GT

NFL:
Browns +8.5 over Chiefs (put a little down now... hoping to get the chance to put down more at an even higher number)

Also looking at UGA & Michigan... But both may be a little rich for me.
Patriots tempting on Sunday night... Have to think about that some more.

Had Ohio -3 last night.

Also have...
Baylor +7.5
Michigan State -3
Ohio State -18.5
UL-M +7.5
Michigan -10.5

Also like Bama, but I'm going to wait, because I think the public money will come in on LSU.

I don't understand why you feel like you have to bet on every Ga Tech game. Tech needs to win two of its next four to make a bowl game. The last game is against Georgia so it's really two out of the next three. UNC-CH is easily the weakest opponent on Tech's remaining schedule. UNC-CH looked better on defense than they have all year but the Tech offense has rolled three of the last four weeks. The O/U is 63 which points to an expectation that Tech is going to score, a lot, because we know UNC-CH isn't going to score a lot. If I had to bet on that game, I'd take Tech, who really needs to win this week, and will score more than UNC-Ch can handle.

Will probably do more as the weekend goes along, but I like:

NCAA:
Auburn -4 over Texas A&M
UNC +6 over GT

NFL:
Browns +8.5 over Chiefs (put a little down now... hoping to get the chance to put down more at an even higher number)

Also looking at UGA & Michigan... But both may be a little rich for me.
Patriots tempting on Sunday night... Have to think about that some more.

Gus Malzahn is 2-10 ATS in his last twelve as a home favorite.

Check out Ohio -2 tonight vs Western Michigan. QB Wassink is out for WM and they were beaten last week by Toledo 51-24 for their first loss. Solich has Ohio playing well & they have a ground game chomping up the clock & yards.

Look at Mich St -3 against a MD team in turmoil. MD doesn't do well against teams that defend the rush and Sparty only gives up 77 yards per game on the ground. Also looking at Clemson -39 vs 'Ville, Bama -15 against LSU & Wazu -10.5 vs Cal [Wazu is 8-0 ATS]

Thanks for the tip on Ohio. No sweat weekday wins are fun. Also like MSU.

I don't understand why you feel like you have to bet on every Ga Tech game. Tech needs to win two of its next four to make a bowl game. The last game is against Georgia so it's really two out of the next three. UNC-CH is easily the weakest opponent on Tech's remaining schedule. UNC-CH looked better on defense than they have all year but the Tech offense has rolled three of the last four weeks. The O/U is 63 which points to an expectation that Tech is going to score, a lot, because we know UNC-CH isn't going to score a lot. If I had to bet on that game, I'd take Tech, who really needs to win this week, and will score more than UNC-Ch can handle.

I don't bet on every GT game. In fact, I'd like to avoid them since I've been wrong on them (other on them or against them) all year.

Public money is hugely on GT... Like over 90%. Line getting bigger. I care about that a lot more than whatever you think you know about Xs and Os.

You said it yourself, GT sucks. So does UNC. I think the Heels can at least keep it close. That's the wager at +6.

This is funny because it is like the bizarro version of the argument we've made all year re: GT.

Yeah, I know. I still don't think Tech makes a bowl and if they lose this game they can forget about it. But their offense is rolling against weak competition right now and 6.5 isn't that much when you're probably going to score 40+ (28-14 loss against Duke notwithstanding).

Yeah, I know. I still don't think Tech makes a bowl and if they lose this game they can forget about it. But their offense is rolling against weak competition right now and 6.5 isn't that much when you're probably going to score 40+ (28-14 loss against Duke notwithstanding).

Clearly I have no idea how the game will turn out.

I just think UNC is a nice contrarian play this week at home.

There is a good chance I'm wrong.

I just enjoy posting my picks on here from time to time... You have any thoughts on this weekend's games? I like UGA if I can get it at 10.

Me too. If GT doesn't fumble, they will roll over UNC. The Tar Holes have shown they can't handle the GT offense.

Also the Bama first half line opened at -7.5

Thanks for the tip on Ohio. No sweat weekday wins are fun. Also like MSU.

Yea, really liked that one last night. Buffs are reeling right now with 3 straight losses after coming out of the chute looking like they might challenge for the PAC 14 title. They just blew a 31-3 second half lead against Oregon St and lost in OT. Khalil Tate is back from injury for Zona so I think I would look at them -3 tonight. The over 53 in the WKY/MTSU game is tempting as both can score.

I like Pitt +7.5 at UVa tonight
USC pick 'em at Ole Miss
OkSt -7 at Baylor
Clemson -39.5 v Louisville
Ga Tech -6 at UNC-CH
Iowa +3 at Purdue
Florida -6 v Missouri
ND -10 at NW

I also like the the over in the Wake/Syracuse game at 75.5 (or even 77).

Syracuse has scored 50+ four times this season and Wake has done it three times.

Yea, really liked that one last night. Buffs are reeling right now with 3 straight losses after coming out of the chute looking like they might challenge for the PAC 14 title. They just blew a 31-3 second half lead against Oregon St and lost in OT. Khalil Tate is back from injury for Zona so I think I would look at them -3 tonight. The over 53 in the WKY/MTSU game is tempting as both can score.

WKU used to be able to score when Brohm was their coach. The Hilltoppers have been held to 17 or less in 5 of their 8 games this year. Their offense sucks. If the game goes over, you will need MTSU to do most of the work.

Must be some big-time cash on Michigan. That line is now up to 12. Penn State hammered Michigan last year 42-13. Revenge.
Cuse/WF total up to 77.5; Cuse is now favored by 6. Essentially a 42-36 final.

I like:

UTEP +1 (realize UTEP is winless, but should Rice be favored against anyone?)
Cal +10
Tulane +6.5
Northwestern +10 (money is on ND; NW unbeaten as a dog)
Mizzou/FL U 57.5

In the ACC, I like State -9 and Duke +9.

In the game of the day, I fear Bama is going to drill LSU. Bama has played nobody, but as much as Bama has dominated, they haven't kept the accelerator to the floor for a full game yet. With a full game of Tua and with Devin White suspended for the first half, seems ripe for big day for the Tide. Hope to be wrong on that.

On other note: the hot bet for the first half of the season was to take Bama on the first half line because they would crush their opponent early, and then Saban would get conservative in the second half. Would think the same principle would apply for Clemson tomorrow. WF had 35 at the half against L'ville last week, and I don't see L'ville getting to double digits at half time against the Clemson D. Would a 35-3 halftime score be even a remote surprise?

For the part of the game when Clemson is making an effort, the Tigers will score at will. Plus, the ducks that the L'ville QB threw against WF are likely to be picks against Clemson. If the first half line is under 21, I would jump on Clemson in the first half before Dabo puts the game in cruise control.

Last edited:
From what I’ve seen, more money is on NW.

I took Notre Dame.

Feels like NW is the trendy upset pick.

On other note: the hot bet for the first half of the season was to take Bama on the first half line because they would crush their opponent early, and then Saban would get conservative in the second half. Would think the same principle would apply for Clemson tomorrow. WF had 35 at the half against L'ville last week, and I don't see L'ville getting to double digits at half time against the Clemson D. Would a 35-3 halftime score be even a remote surprise?

Way to nail the Clemson/Louisville halftime score. 35-3. Nice.

Back