• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Offical Sports Betting Thread

Had a down and up day for the Breeders Cup. Missed the early Pick 4 but hit a winner and a couple of exactas. Then a bit of a drought before hitting the late Pick 4 that ended with the BC Classic. I was surprised it paid over $315 for a $1 bet.

Klempton only favored by 40 or whatever against Louisville might be the easiest play of the year given that Klempton can’t help scoring less than 70 against that defense.

And Syracuse should beat Wake in a 48-14 type game.

This is too easy.

grats to my fellow Deac fans who flew to Vegas to bet the mortgage again and take the easy money.

Bunch of guys say they set the spreads and the final result comes close to the spread but we all know that seldom happens.

We knew our spread was off a couple touchdowns and we knew Klempton would beat Louisville by a ton more than that 37 point spread.

I like Pitt +7.5 at UVa tonight
USC pick 'em at Ole Miss
OkSt -7 at Baylor
Clemson -39.5 v Louisville
Ga Tech -6 at UNC-CH
Iowa +3 at Purdue
Florida -6 v Missouri
ND -10 at NW

USC pick 'em at Ole Miss
OkSt -7 at Baylor
Ga Tech -6 at UNC-CH

Iowa +3 at Purdue
Florida -6 v Missouri
ND -10 at NW - PUSH

USC pick 'em at Ole Miss
OkSt -7 at Baylor
Ga Tech -6 at UNC-CH

Iowa +3 at Purdue
Florida -6 v Missouri
ND -10 at NW - PUSH

Yeah, was going to mention that you had a good week.

I, on the other hand, went 0-2-1 on my posted picks. After going 0-4 in the NFL last week.

I’m on fire.

Had Ohio -3 last night.

Also have...
Baylor +7.5
Michigan State -3
Ohio State -18.5
UL-M +7.5
Michigan -10.5

Also like Bama, but I'm going to wait, because I think the public money will come in on LSU.

Ending up taking Bama -7.5 1H and -13.5, but also lost with Washington State -8.

But including Ohio on Thursday night, I ended up 7-2 for the weekend. I'll take it.

Yeah, was going to mention that you had a good week.

I, on the other hand, went 0-2-1 on my posted picks. After going 0-4 in the NFL last week.

I’m on fire.

Stu needs to give you a call for next week's Stu ya gotz!

WKU used to be able to score when Brohm was their coach. The Hilltoppers have been held to 17 or less in 5 of their 8 games this year. Their offense sucks. If the game goes over, you will need MTSU to do most of the work.

Saved me on that one Pilch, thanks. Just took Zona over Colorado on Friday night for a nice win.

Hit on Cuse (sad) and the under (last minute due to wind). Also BC and MSU. Lost on OSU. Thought I bet on Vikings and Panthers yesterday, but didn't go through. Annoying.

Books took a beating yesterday in the NFL. I don't normally bet on the NFL but liked a few lines yesterday and cashed in on favorites covering.

Went 5-1 (Panthers -6.5; Vikings -5.5; Chiefs -8; Chargers +1; Patriots -5; lost Rams -1.5)

I'm always glad to hear how everyone did yesterday, but it helps to know these things ahead of time.

Books took a beating yesterday in the NFL. I don't normally bet on the NFL but liked a few lines yesterday and cashed in on favorites covering.

Went 5-1 (Panthers -6.5; Vikings -5.5; Chiefs -8; Chargers +1; Patriots -5; lost Rams -1.5)

I had a hunch about 12:30yesterday on some dogs and put in a 3 team parlay that paid out at 855--Pittsburgh to win +110, Atlanta to win +122 & Houston to win + 105. Also took the Steelers +2, lost on the Seahawks -2 & won on the Bears/Bills over 36. Lost last night on GB +7. Took a first half tonight of Dallas -3.

Saturday was a real good day with Nebraska +21 coming in, GT -3, Utah St -17, UGa -8, Duke +10, Bama first half -7, Mich St -2, Clemson -39 & Bama -14 [plus those last 3 on a parlay]. Lost on OK -12, Wazu -10 & Utah -7.

yesterday was an amazing day for nfl square bettors

Read an article about a guy who has made hundreds of thousands the last two years only betting against Rutgers football.

Read an article about a guy who has made hundreds of thousands the last two years only betting against Rutgers football.

Duffle Bag Boy. He bets ridiculous amounts of money generally on big favorites. Has been killing it betting against Rutgers and Illinois. He had a weekend a couple of weeks ago when he made over a $million, but lost a half million last weekend on Purdue/Mich State: https://www.actionnetwork.com/ncaaf/duffel-bag-boy-loses-gurley-million-dollar-alabama-lsu-sharps

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...e-beating-for-surprising-third-straight-week/

Weird. People here claim Vegas tries to get 50/50 action on both sides and are content with the vig.

And this is why I have also been getting destroyed the last few weeks. I generally try to go against the public when there are games where 80-90%+ of the money is on one side (Vegas generally doesn't like to give money away). So many favorites and public teams have been winning lately and it has derailed a nice start to the season for me. I flipped too early, kind of expecting this move... And then haven't been there the last few weeks.

The Chiefs beating up the Browns was particularly painful yesterday, but I was at least smart enough to not put a ton on the Browns given the firing of Hue Jackson earlier in the week.

It is times like this when I just have to ride out the short term pain. More stupid picks coming later in the week from me. Don't fret.

Surprised I guess at how bad Dallas Cowboys are again this year but with The Clapper as the head coach maybe I shouldn't be. The only reason they were in the game last night was because of a couple of Tennessee turnovers in the first half, then they got a whipping put on them. Glad of that because that made a total of 3 folks bite the dust in week 9 of our suicide pool, leaving 12 out of 202.
Methinks Jerry has to get rid of Jason Garrett after this season.

similar to the guys here who flew to Vegas to bet against Wake for the Klempton FSU and Syracuse games and bunch of them for the State game tomorrow.

Comical that the spread is only 17 and we don't even know who the quarterback will be

Back