• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Offical Sports Betting Thread

I took State -17 but could see a backdoor cover if the game gets out of hand early on.

With HFA (and based on Wake's prior play - so with Hartman at QB), State is around -16 to 16.5.

Hopefully bd put some cash on the Wake moneyline during his weekly trip to Vegas.

It is comical that the spread was only 17 when we didn't know JAMIE CAM NEWMAN was gonna be playing.

Hopefully bd put some cash on the Wake moneyline during his weekly trip to Vegas.

Money line on WF paid 8 to 1. BTW, Duffel Bag Boy (the Vegas legend that throws big money on favorites) had a "low six figures" bet on State last night ouch. DBB has a big bet on Michigan -39 on Saturday.

The Panthers over seemed like a no-brainer. Of course, I cancelled that out with a second half -7 State bet. WHOOPS.

This weekend:

Indiana -1
Wisconsin +9
Nebraska -17.5
Miss. State +24.5
Oregon/Utah Under 55.5
Texas/TT Under 62

In the ACC, like UNC +10 and BC +20 (going to be very cold and windy in Boston on Saturday night; adverse conditions for the Tigers) and betting against L'ville is just an automatic play at this point. BTW, Boise is home dog tonight against Fresno for the first time in 18 years. Wow. Apparently the sharp action is on Boise, but Fresno is about the best team ATS over the last two years. Good luck!

Tougher week this week I think, but going with:
Syracuse -21 vs Louisville tonight [quit on Petrino]
SMU -19 @ UConn
Cincy -12 vs USF [who are fading bad]
Pitt -2.5 vs VT
UGa -14 vs Auburn
Utah St -30 [but check on QB Love's availability first] vs San Jose St
lean UT +6 vs UK [Cats 0-10 as fav]

Both Bear & Stanford Steve have Ohio St -3.5 @ Mich St
Both Phil Steele & Stanford Steve have Texas A&M -12 over Ole Miss

NFL:
Atlanta -4 @ Cleveland
Philly -6.5 over Dallas [Philly getting healthy]
Seattle +10 @ LA Rams
N.O. -6 @ Cincy [3 angle play-- on a 6-0 run, 6-1 as AF & Cincy is 9-16-1 vs ND foes]

Tougher week this week I think, but going with:
Syracuse -21 vs Louisville tonight [quit on Petrino]
SMU -19 @ UConn
Cincy -12 vs USF [who are fading bad]
Pitt -2.5 vs VT
UGa -14 vs Auburn
Utah St -30 [but check on QB Love's availability first] vs San Jose St
lean UT +6 vs UK [Cats 0-10 as fav]

Both Bear & Stanford Steve have Ohio St -3.5 @ Mich St
Both Phil Steele & Stanford Steve have Texas A&M -12 over Ole Miss

NFL:
Atlanta -4 @ Cleveland
Philly -6.5 over Dallas [Philly getting healthy]
Seattle +10 @ LA Rams
N.O. -6 @ Cincy [3 angle play-- on a 6-0 run, 6-1 as AF & Cincy is 9-16-1 vs ND foes]

I’ll go opposite of you on all 4 NFL games... But the Browns are getting 6, not 4. And I got 7 with the Cowboys.

This weekend:

Indiana -1
Wisconsin +9
Nebraska -17.5
Miss. State +24.5
Oregon/Utah Under 55.5
Texas/TT Under 62

In the ACC, like UNC +10 and BC +20 (going to be very cold and windy in Boston on Saturday night; adverse conditions for the Tigers) and betting against L'ville is just an automatic play at this point. BTW, Boise is home dog tonight against Fresno for the first time in 18 years. Wow. Apparently the sharp action is on Boise, but Fresno is about the best team ATS over the last two years. Good luck!

Is Wiscy’s QB out? Do you even care?

Hornibrook is a game time decision. The Wisconsin play is more of a play against Penn State. Think the game will be tight regardless if Hornibrook or Coan plays.

Hornibrook is a game time decision. The Wisconsin play is more of a play against Penn State. Think the game will be tight regardless if Hornibrook or Coan plays.

Yeah, I agree the QB probably doesn’t matter. I still lean PSU, but it’s probably a pass for me.

I kind of said it above, but I like a few in the NFL today...

CLE +6
CIN +6
TEN +7
DAL +7.5

Time for the dogs to start showing up in the NFL. The last few weeks have been too much chalk.

I kind of said it above, but I like a few in the NFL today...

CLE +6
CIN +6
TEN +7
DAL +7.5

Time for the dogs to start showing up in the NFL. The last few weeks have been too much chalk.

3-1, with all 3 of those ATS winners also winning outright.

Needed that. It had been a rough couple of weeks in the NFL.

3-1, with all 3 of those ATS winners also winning outright.

Needed that. It had been a rough couple of weeks in the NFL.

Interesting day on Saturday as my games above went 5-2 so they were pretty good. But I also like to put in a few wild parlays that "might" payoff. I happened to like quite a few games on Saturday after doing some studying so I put in a $2 on 11 team for $1037, $2 on 8 team & another $2 on 8 teamer for $293 where I adjusted some lines. Went, so to speak, 8-3, 4-4 & a great 8-0 on the last one, winning the $293 with Pitt -3, A&M-13, UT +6, Liberty +24, Baylor +17, WVa -10, IND -1 & GT -2. Terrible Sunday but a great Saturday!!

Appreciate your concern .... the moneyline paid 8 to 1 ... I bet the mortgage on State with the spread and then 1/4 of the mortgage on the Wake money line so in the end my winning were the mortgage (-1 x mortgage +1/4 x mortgage x 8 = 1 mortgage)

Typically I just bet the mortgage against Wake when the spread is too low like the Clemson and Syracuse game but with the wildcat factor with Newman going I wanted to cover myself if Wake somehow won.

Everybody agrees that was a smart move, bd.

Lots of turmoil surrounding both schools, but OSU only favored by 14.5 @Maryland. Maryland starting QB was just announced out for the season with a torn ACL.

ETA: starting RB not on depth chart either, and likely out.

Lots of turmoil surrounding both schools, but OSU only favored by 14.5 @Maryland. Maryland starting QB was just announced out for the season with a torn ACL.

ETA: starting RB not on depth chart either, and likely out.

What else is going on with OSU beside the Urban junk? They can still win the Big Ten with a typical win over Michigan next week and then they are a hopeful participant in the CFP they think.

What else is going on with OSU beside the Urban junk? They can still win the Big Ten with a typical win over Michigan next week and then they are a hopeful participant in the CFP they think.

They would have a reasonable argument, especially if Oklahoma or West Virginia loses a game. Would they have a shot if Alabama loses to Georgia ? Herbstreit says yes, but I doubt it.

Back