• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Offical Sports Betting Thread

They would have a reasonable argument, especially if Oklahoma or West Virginia loses a game. Would they have a shot if Alabama loses to Georgia ? Herbstreit says yes, but I doubt it.

I agree with your last part. If Bama somehow loses to UGa in the title game, they still get in & so do the Dawgs. Some what if's exist I would think if they have to come down to picking either a Big Ten champ in 12-1 Michigan or a non-title 11-1 ND who beat the Wolverines in Game 1. Because if Clemson wins out they are going and I don't see Pitt having a real shot at upsetting them. WVu has to get by a high scoring game @ Ok St and not sure who to even take yet there as the live is WV -5. Maybe I will go on the over 71 in that one. If WVu passes this test then next week when they host the Sooners on Friday ought to be HUGE.

Also hopeful that Syracuse will not only give the Domers a good game but actually have a chance with QB Dungy to pull the upset. They are at +10 right now in Yankee Stadium.

Week 12:

Nebraska -1 (got them early when they were +2.5)
Minnesota -2
Baylor -1
UMASS +41
Texas State +22.5
Texas Tech/K State U 57

In the ACC, I like WF +6.5, UVA +5.5 and Cuse +10. When a line comes out for Citadel/Bama, I will take the Citadel. Going against L'ville was an automatic play, but the Cardinals' players may actually try now that Petrino is out. Can't take BC given the QB situation

Bonus hoop play: ECU +15.5

Really liked Cal over Stanford, but the game will not be played because of the CA wildfires.

Last edited:
Really liked Cal over Stanford, but the game will not be played because of the CA wildfires.

Saw where this game has been rescheduled for December 1st. I'm not sure of the protocol here - will they honor already-made bets or just cancel everything's that pending?

I like:

Utah St -27
Tex A&M -15.5
Baylor -1
Nebraska -1
Ohio St -14
O 59.5 Cincy/UCF
lean O 69.5 UConn/ECU

Notre Dame -10
Georgia -41
Arizona +10.5

Leaning Wake, but that’s probably a pass.

Wake +6.5 - L
Cuse +10.5 - L
OSU -14 -L
Oregon -3.5 - L
UAB +17.5 - L

What a day!!! Need obvious winners today, thanks.

Wake +6.5 - L
Cuse +10.5 - L
OSU -14 -L
Oregon -3.5 - L
UAB +17.5 - L

What a day!!! Need obvious winners today, thanks.

Had an overall crappy day myself except for a $3 on 5 teamer on Saturday where UMass squeaked by with 2 points to spare. But my main choices I liked like Oregon -3, Ohio St -14, Penn St -28 & Mich - 28 did not and they were in some other far reaching ones I had like I won on last week. Sunday not much went right on straight ones but I did really luck out on a 4 teamer with TB +4 squeaking thru &
Big Ben pulling me out of the fire with :03 on the clock and the Steelers giving -3. Missed on Houston, Tennessee & Atlanta but got Detroit +5.

Games for top ranked teams this week are mostly projected blowouts.

Ga Tech +17 at Georgia
Auburn +24 at Alabama
UNC-C (huge potential) +18 at FAU
USC +26 at Clemson
ND -10.5 at Southern California
Michigan -4 at Ohio State
Oklahoma -1.5 at WVU
UCF at USF - No Line

I really like ND laying the points.

Everyone should be required to pick the Michigan/Ohio State game. I'll take the Buckeyes at home and the points.

Ga Tech +17 at Georgia
Auburn +24 at Alabama
USC +26 at Clemson
Oklahoma -1.5 at WVU
UCF at USF - No Line

Everyone should be required to pick the Michigan/Ohio State game. I'll take the Buckeyes at home and the points.

I'm confused Biff !

for what it's worth, I'd lay the points in that game !

Over was easy money last night.

I'm confused Biff !

for what it's worth, I'd lay the points in that game !

i think he's just giving spreads, not his picks.

if i had to choose, i'd lay the points too, but it's just so hard to get a read on ohio state, especially for a huge rivalry game.

The books could not set the over/under and the team totals high enough for last night's game. Bettors kept taking the over. Also, the books got killed on prop bets as other than Gurley, all of the players went over the yards passing, receiving, TD totals that were set.

I bet Vegas is dreading a rematch in the Super Bowl.

Over was easy money last night.

Two things...

1- I actually considered wagering on the under last night since both teams are miserable against the run... Expected more running (and clock) than we got.
2- You should not follow that tool, Darren Rovell, on Twitter. He sucks.

Two things...

1- I actually considered wagering on the under last night since both teams are miserable against the run... Expected more running (and clock) than we got.
2- You should not follow that tool, Darren Rovell, on Twitter. He sucks.

Pretty hard to criticize the play calling when the teams put up over 100, but I was shocked neither coach ran more when they had the lead, especially McVay.

Ga Tech +17 at Georgia
Auburn +24 at Alabama
USC +26 at Clemson
Oklahoma -1.5 at WVU
UCF at USF - No Line

I absolutely love the Domers against USC this weekend!!!

The books could not set the over/under and the team totals high enough for last night's game. Bettors kept taking the over. Also, the books got killed on prop bets as other than Gurley, all of the players went over the yards passing, receiving, TD totals that were set.

First time Gurley hadn't scored a TD all year (either rushing or receiving) in a game :mad:

I'll take the Lions again tomorrow... +3.5 at home over the Bears. Don't care whether or not Trubisky plays... I don't think he's very good. I think it is more Nagy than Trubisky (as evidenced by the fact that the line is still up and hasn't moved).

No idea on the other two NFL games. Will be tempted to do something in the other two games, but I don't have a good feeling about either. Maybe I'd take the Skins and the points (that is a lot of points)... But probably not.

The Lions offense will likely be without Kerryon Johnson and Marvin Jones. Stafford will need to be spectacular, or they'll have no chance.

Back