• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Offical Sports Betting Thread

The Lions offense will likely be without Kerryon Johnson and Marvin Jones. Stafford will need to be spectacular, or they'll have no chance.

Wasn't it like last year that the Lions finally won on Thanksgiving Day in about a ten year span?

Nebraska +10 @ Iowa
Memphis -7 vs Houston
UCF -14 @ USF

Carolina -3 over Seattle [Panthers much different team at home]
Buffalo +3 vs Jax

Nebraska +10 @ Iowa
Memphis -7 vs Houston
UCF -14 @ USF

Carolina -3 over Seattle [Panthers much different team at home]
Buffalo +3 vs Jax

Went ahead & took the 3 Thanksgiving NFL favs and got lucky on the 3 team parlay that the Falcons kept fumbling their chances away but I will take it!! [will also take the blown targeting call missed against the Redskins that kept them from getting a possible TD and they kicked the FG to keep the spread at 8]

Looks like Kentucky going to thankfully roll. This is why I dont gamble.

DC just legalized sports gambling including online and brick and mortar books. Love it!

Sports gambling is now legal and operating in 8 states:

- NV
- NJ
- MS
- WV
- DE
- PA
- NM

Legislation has passed authorizing sports betting in:

- DC
- NY
- AR

17 other states are mulling over legislation legalizing sports gambling.

Pretty amazing progress considering that the SCOTUS decision legalizing sports gambling came down this Spring and how slow the legislative process typically takes.

Seems like it's only a matter of time before there are sports books almost everywhere.

$25 bet, picking 5 heavy favorites money lines & Utah State to win outright. Prove me wrong Deacs!!

Placed - 6 Team Parlay
To Win $ 114.70
Purdue (-450)
Purdue Boilermakers @ Nevada Wolf Pack

Colorado (-550)
Colorado State Rams @ Colorado Buffaloes

Oklahoma State (-650)
Oklahoma State Cowboys @ Oregon State Beavers

NC State (-850)
East Carolina Pirates @ North Carolina ST Wolfpack

Wisconsin (-500)
Wisconsin Badgers @ South Florida Bulls

Utah State (+150)
Utah State @ Wake Forest Demon Deacons

Even without the Utah State +150 wager, those are the kinds of parlays that generally kill bettors.

I'd be willing to bet that at least one of those 5 heavy favorites loses outright.

But good luck to you! Outside of Utah State, of course.

I really like UCLA su over Cincy and BC su over VT. That BC line of +4 at home vs VT seems a little strange to me. Let's make some monies this week/weekend fellas!

Alabama has suspended 4 starters for the first half and Dylan Moses has torn acl.

I'm also loving the wake utah state under. I see it being a 30-24 type of game with it going either way.

I'm also loving the wake utah state under. I see it being a 30-24 type of game with it going either way.

Agree. Think that the WF o/U totals are still skewed from when the WF defense was completed depleted last year. Only concern is the pace of the WF offense may lead to a lot of possessions if WF chooses to crank up the tempo.

Even without the Utah State +150 wager, those are the kinds of parlays that generally kill bettors.

I'd be willing to bet that at least one of those 5 heavy favorites loses outright.

But good luck to you! Outside of Utah State, of course.

I agree these types of parlays will lose more than they win. However, when they do win, it more than makes up for the losses since actual risk is always going to be so little relative to the potential payout.

I've set up a Bovada account, but my Mastercard won't go through. It's not being blocked by MC. International transactions are allowed. I even spoke with MC today. Seems like sometimes credit cards just don't go through on gambling sites.

Do I keep trying with the MC? Suggestions?

I'm not interested in using Bitcoin.

I haven't had an issue with them but I use Visa. That may be a specific MC problem overall given where you can and cannot use them.

Don't like anything about the Wake line today honestly unless you got us at -3 or so before it jumped to -5. I'd take the over ordinarily but week 1 is bound to see plenty of sloppy play. ;

Wisconsin +11 and Nevada +10.5 are enticing plays tonight, as is the under in the Colorado-Colorado State game which has consistently gone under for something like 8 of 9 years.

For those who think Army is much better than SP+ and Vegas thinks they are, then even at -24 tonight against Rice you would probably be happy (as Rice is a bottom five team in the nation). The line opened around 21.5 (same line as SP+ has it - the line that Feinstein and plenty of people criticized early in the summer as being biased against Army) and has moved up to 24.

Got off to a good 3-1 start last night with Cincy -3, Utah +7, and Tulane -3.

Back