• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Offical Sports Betting Thread

Dolphins +288 to go winless seems like really good value at this point. What am I missing there? Fitzmagic?

Dolphins +288 to go winless seems like really good value at this point. What am I missing there? Fitzmagic?

Any number of things...

Relatively easy schedule (Jets and Bills 2x each)
Potential for opponent injuries
A number of games at the end of the season where both teams are just mailing it in
Weird turnover games

It is the NFL... It's tough to lose every game.

But yeah, they probably won't ever be favored.

Just look at how many QBs have already gotten hurt. Only takes one bad performance from a backup or third string guy. Also they play the Jets twice.

Belichick's proteges have a decent record against him, and yeah, I thought he'd take it easy on Flores. Which is also why I started Wilson over Brady on my fantasy team, though that worked out just fine.

And now this week, we have 2 NFL games with 20+ lines. Never thought I'd see that. Think I'll go ahead and use up Dal in my survivor league - don't want to burn NE yet.

In the same boat re: Dallas. Can’t save teams for later if you lose week three. Buffalo at home against the Bengals is teasing me though.

In the same boat re: Dallas. Can’t save teams for later if you lose week three. Buffalo at home against the Bengals is teasing me though.

I find Min more tempting that Buf. I don't see Oak winning at Min. Cincy has always been strange and are again this year. They laid an egg at home against SF but almost beat Sea at Sea. The other thing I've been thinking about is just going with most teams over Mia. I normally never take a road team, but unless a road team @Mia is riddled with injuries, they're pretty sure to win. The Fins this year are less competitive than the Browns teams from 2-3 years ago and that Lions team under Millen and Morninweg. Pretty sure they'll be the worst statistical team ever.

I went with Dallas. I don't trust them against anybody else in the NFL. This week seems like a good time to use them.

This year may have a lot of long lasting teams. Playing the jets or fins? Roll tide. I’m in the fanduel freeroll survivor for 100k. Went ravens Texans so far (lucky there)

Washington [-6] over BYU
UCF [-13.5] over Pitt
Wazu [-19.5] over UCLA
TCU [-9.5] over SMU
Northwestern [+8] vs Michigan St

Minnesota [-8.5] over Oakland
Dallas [-21] over Miami
Houston [+3.5] @ L.A. Chargers

Last edited:
UCF has been undervalued by Vegas all year it’ll be interesting to see when they catch up.

At first I thought UCF would trounce Pitt, like they did last year by 31. But then again Pitt really shut down the Penn State offense. Game is at Pitt this year. Would not touch it.

What is everyone feeling for tonight?

under 57 for the Tulane/Houston game?

Tennessee Titans -1.5?

TheReff all over the favorites.

Actually took UGa off my board as I am thinking ND has enough to keep it within 10 points. Put Northwestern +8 at home against over-rated Mich St in its place. Plus I did already have NFL Houston on there with the points so not all favs.

#GoDeacs
b607294abd358fb544cafee44169574d.jpg

Not sure why given that he's 200-1, but seeing Newman on that list makes me happy.

I assume Newman and the others not in alphabetical order are new to the list.

Back