• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Offical Sports Betting Thread

UCLA over A&M
GT over UT
UWub over Rutgers [Browning is awesome for UW & Rutgers WR just suspended] & over 52
OK over UTEP

Well, GT at least covered & OK covered easily. UCLA did not, needed a total flop by the A&M defense and a tipped FG just to win the game. But what a performance in the final 19 minutes by Josh Rosen!

Check the Ind -2.5 @ UVa this weekend. UGa +6.5 @ ND, Stanford +4 @ USC, MINN/Ore St under 52, LA Rams +3 vs Colts

Like the over in tOSU vs OU at 63.5 and especially in Louisville @ UNC at 62.5. Both games should be shootouts and UL might score 60 on their own. Also don't think Michigan is that good (Florida is awful) so like Cincy +34.5.

Like the over in tOSU vs OU at 63.5 and especially in Louisville @ UNC at 62.5. Both games should be shootouts and UL might score 60 on their own. Also don't think Michigan is that good (Florida is awful) so like Cincy +34.5.

Hard to tell about Florida quite yet. They had about 10 suspended for the Michigan game and may or may not be a mess? But from the looks of that Michigan defense, not sure who will score on this typical Harbaugh team. Interesting that Vegas starts UF off as a 6 pt fav against UT this week.

Went 1-1 yesterday but came out slightly ahead. Had Falcons -7 and Raiders straight up (they were +3).

Anybody else use BetDSI? The site was running slow or down most of the weekend.

Luckily I got my bets in early Sat. morning, because I went 5 for 5 on Saturday for the first time ever betting college football and EPL. Doubled up my initial investment I started with when I signed up to bet on the Mayweather-McGregor fight.

What's a good place I should move my funds to that won't crash at high volume times?

Pretty solid first (gambling) week of the season for me. I hit a nice +630 parlay on Clemson ml/UGA ml/OU +7.5. Wasn't nearly as successful during the NFL games but that more than made up for it. Had the Raider ML in several 2 and 3 teamers but couldn't ever get the other parts right to capitalize on it. Need to stop doing parlays but i'm a sucker.

For this weekend I have my eye on Clemson ML, Titans -2.5, VT/ECU OVER, Texas +17 so we will see how that shakes out.

Hate all of the nfl spreads this week

Maybe Vikings +6.5 at Pitt

NE -6.5 against the Saints seems like a good decision, especially coming off a loss and with the Saints looking horrible.

AF +24.5 (Michigan is overrated; AF coming off a bye; AF will run clock)
Army +30 (same analysis as AF/Michigan; plus tOSU is playing with doubt on offense)
Illinois +17.5 (USF still unsettled on offense, and Lovie Smith can coach defense; Lovie's return to Tampa)
Toledo -9 (Tulsa's defense is awful; Toledo can score; like the over 67.5 too, but don't understand why the total has dropped more than a TD)

Also, lean to Tulane +35 as Oklahoma is in a major letdown spot, and Tulane's defense is decent. That said, don't like going against big favorites with Heisman candidates on offense as there is an incentive to run up the score. Also, Tulane is coming off a heartbreaking 2 point loss against Navy, hoping Tulane doesn't mail it in.

The Clemson side scares me. L'ville is tough at home against ranked teams, and I am not convinced that Clemson offense is that strong with Kelly Bryant at QB; yes, their defense was ridiculous last week, but they only scored 14 points against Auburn; L'ville will score. Like the VT side, if you simply bet against ECU each week, you will win more than you lose. They are embarrassing.

Tempted to take Baylor +14. Realize that Baylor has been flat-out horrible this year, and Duke played great last week, but Baylor would've been favored in this game two weeks ago, and doubt Duke will play as well two weeks in a row. The public is all over Duke, but they, like WF, are rarely a double digit favorite, and don't handle that role well. That said, fear that the first score from that game will Duke 21-0 in the first quarter, and I will feel like a dope.

Really don't know how any impartial handicapper would like the WF side this week. WF is coming off their conference opener, and plays a bigger game at App next week. WF sucks as a favorite and particularly sucks as a double digit favorite. USU has an experienced QB that won't make the same mistakes that BC frosh QB made last week. Fully expect an ugly game, and the only way to play the game is take the 13.5.

Also like the AF +24 pick

Miss St +7.5 at home vs LSU. MSU has a great history as a dog vs LSU recently

Kansas St - 3.5 at Vandy. Vandy has Bama, @ UF, UGA the next three weeks. Easy opportunity to be thinking about being 3-0 with Bama coming to town, and completely lay an egg. Plus, Bill Snyder.

Wyoming +14.5 home against Oregon. Ducks D not that good, biggest home game for Wyo in forever. Nice opportunity for a backdoor cover.

South Carolina -6.5 home against Kentucky. Night game in Columbia giving less than a TD? I'll take that

Tempted to take a ML on Tennessee. Not that UT is any good, but UF might be a dumpster fire again, still missing a lot of key offensive players and they haven't played in two weeks.

Cal +3.5 at home v Ole Miss. Long way to travel and a late kick for Ole Miss

Thurs night game?

My gut said both teams stink and will be close but smart money seems to like Cincinnati - 6 which I assume means they think the turnovers last week were an anomaly and the Texans issues are real

Thurs night game?

My gut said both teams stink and will be close but smart money seems to like Cincinnati - 6 which I assume means they think the turnovers last week were an anomaly and the Texans issues are real

Rookie QB in his first start on the road after a short week. Bengals are a good bet.

Rookie QB in his first start on the road after a short week. Bengals are a good bet.

Agree, but the Bengals' weakness (o-line) is going against the Texans' strength (d-line). Would be concerned about Bengals turnovers. Bengals should win (easily), but wouldn't be surprised to see them throw up on themselves again. Would like the under, but think the possibility of defensive scores (perhaps multiple) could bust the under.

Back