• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Offical Sports Betting Thread

Ready for some MACtion? Below is the weather forecast for Western Michigan vs. Northern Illinois tonight. Under 50.5 is my play, despite high scoring offenses.

Cloudy with periods of rain. Becoming windy overnight. Thunder possible. Low 38F. Winds S at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 100%.

Thanks! Just went with U 50.5

I have to say at first blush, this looks to be a real blowout type weekend in some games. I am liking Clemson large over SC without Edwards. UT big over a pathetic Vandy. Illinois at home by a couple TD's at least over NW. ND large over Stanford. Miami by 3 TD's on the road over Duke. Thinking FL will not let FSU score much so thinking about 3 TD's there in Gainsville. Only dogs I like so far are the Beavers getting 19 at Oregon in the Civil War & SD State getting 3 at BYU. Ducks have lost out on any chance at natty but still have Rose Bowl in sight but Beavers can go bowling with a win.

Lots more to study & the 3 NFL tilts for tomorrow of course

I don't know. These games after Thanksgiving tend to get a bit wacky sometimes.

Ole Miss +2.5
VT -2.5
Memphis -11
Troy +13
Rice - 6
Auburn +3.5

Will probably end up taking Michigan +8.5

I don't know. These games after Thanksgiving tend to get a bit wacky sometimes.

Yea, I know they usually do and am trying to fin some more good Dogs. I think Michigan can keep it close but damn Ohio State is tough. Just not sure Auburn can score either against Bama

How in the hell is Dallas -7?

Bills have not beaten anybody, but neither have the Cowboys.

How in the hell is Dallas -7?

Bills have not beaten anybody, but neither have the Cowboys.

Cowboys have so much talent. How in the hell is Garrett still the coach? Been there 9 years and made the playoffs only 3 times. Does he have pics of Jerry Jones or something???

Been reading that the ND @ Stanford game should be a good under at 46. Stanford is a plodding team with tons of injuries this season. Going to be raining out there and their turf is terrible anyway.

LOTS of bad weather unders potentially tomorrow. The ones I'm watching most closely (home team):

Illinois
Marshall
Kentucky
Purdue
W Kentucky
Minnesota
Tennessee
Stanford
NCSU
San Jose St

ETA also Michigan and Michigan St, but weather looking better there for game times.

Hit Lions +6, Bills +6.5 and a three game teaser with Lions/Bills/Saints yesterday.

Have Iowa -4.5 and hit Wake -8 earlier today.

LOTS of bad weather unders potentially tomorrow. The ones I'm watching most closely (home team):

Illinois
Marshall
Kentucky
Purdue
W Kentucky
Minnesota
Tennessee
Stanford
NCSU
San Jose St

ETA also Michigan and Michigan St, but weather looking better there for game times.

Fresno/San Jose St under61.5. Weather. Has dropped from 64.5
Iowa St/K St U 45.5 weather
Baylor/Kan lean under 49.5 weather
Wisc/Minn lean under 45 weather

Ok St +13.5
WKY -8.5

ESPN, both Connelly & Steele like Miami -9 vs Duke. fwiw

Bad weather unders 4-7 yesterday. OT in Marshall game and the Wisconsin passing explosion in the 2nd half in a blizzard were brutal.

Anybody get in on Rams +3? The Cowboys being a public team I get, but that line was just awful.

I've already put in my play for Rams -1.

Early look at some of the bowl games. These look enticing:

App St -17 vs UAB
Temple +4 vs UNC
OK St +7 vs Tex A&M
Notre Dame -3.5 vs Iowa State
OK +14 vs LSU
Ohio St +2 vs Clemson
KY +2.5 vs Virginia Tech
Oregon +2.5 vs Wisconsin
under 55 UVa/Florida

Last edited:
Early look at some of the bowl games. These look enticing:

App St -17 vs UAB
Temple +4 vs UNC
OK St +7 vs Tex A&M
Notre Dame -3.5 vs Iowa State
OK +14 vs LSU
Ohio St +2 vs Clemson
KY +2.5 vs Virginia Tech
Oregon +2.5 vs Wisconsin
under 55 UVa/Florida

On the opposite side of a lot of those.

- UNC scores points, and the ACC, which people love to troll, was excellent ATS in bowl games last year; think the same this year
- Notre Dame fired their OC and is banged up; Iowa State's QB is legit, and like Matt Campbell with a month to prep.
- OK State has a suffered a ton of injuries including their QB and best receiver; Jimbo has a strong bowl record.
- App. State lost their coach; UAB's Bill Clark is one of the best.
- Clemson is on a huge post-season heater, will continue to ride it until someone proves they are better and I like Lawrence a lot more than Fields,
- KY is one dimensional, and Bud Foster, in his last game, will have a month to prepare for KY running attack

Also, like SMU -3 and WF +4.5. Realize WF is banged up, but really don't understand the MSU/WF line. MSU has beaten one team since September 21, by more than 4 points, Rutgers. That includes a loss to Illinois and a 3 point win over pathetic and depleted MD. MSU scored 10 or less 5 times this year. WF scored 30 or more 7 times, and scored 24 or more 9 times. Also, Clawson's WF teams are 3-0 in bowl games. Think WF wins: absent a ton of turnovers, don't see a scenario where WF losses decisively.

Last edited:
Ugh, wouldn't bet on bowl games other than the final 4. They are such meaningless exhibitions these days and usually not worth watching. If I were a draftable college player, no way I'd play in it unless it's the final 4. I'll tune in for Wake and maybe Bama/Mich and Bay/UGa. So tell me why not to go with OSU +2? Clemson hasn't played a quality opponent all season, whereas OSU has been through a few good battles. I also think Clemson's defensive stats are meaningless due to the schedule - ain't no way that D is anywhere near as good as last year's D. Like LSU to win, though 14 is a high number.

As for the pros, this past weekend was the 1st weekend all year where the home teams and favorites both posted winning records against the spread. It's been a good season for dogs and road teams.

Back