• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Offical Sports Betting Thread

What's the Oakland-New York line? Double it

14 the last time I looked - I picked that as my survivor. In addition to the Vikings line, I also like Miami +4.5 at what is essentially a neutral site in LA and the Rams giving less than a field goal to Washington. The Skins are a hot mess. Maybe the Lions getting 4.5 in NY.

I took Boise -15 and the over of 58.5 tonight against New Mexico.

Would have to imagine that New Mexico is going to be a little distracted tonight with the Bob Davie investigation news dropping this week....

I don't see how anyone can bet on tonight's NFL game and feel good about their side. I'd lean Cincy, I guess... But definitely staying away.

I was actually looking at ECU plus the points at home against VT... I can't think of a single reason why VT won't absolutely destroy them, so it fits with my tendency to bet against my own thinking (I am not smarter than everyone else). I also enjoy getting 3+ TDs.

Agree w/ Pilchard on Clemson/Louisville. Probably won't wager on that one, but lean Louisville.

In the NFL, my favorites this week ATS are: NYG PIT ATL DEN. I want to take the Saints, but I just can't. In week 2, I'd normally look hard at home dogs who looked awful in week 1, but this year the two home dogs coming off a loss are the Saints & Colts... Both have unique issues that keep me away (Saints are playing a Patriots team that has been phenomenal ATS on the road and the Colts might just be really, really bad without Luck).

Anybody else use BetDSI? The site was running slow or down most of the weekend.

Luckily I got my bets in early Sat. morning, because I went 5 for 5 on Saturday for the first time ever betting college football and EPL. Doubled up my initial investment I started with when I signed up to bet on the Mayweather-McGregor fight.

What's a good place I should move my funds to that won't crash at high volume times?

Find a Bookie, most of those online sites are a bitch to get your money from.

What's the line on VPI/ECU at most places? I'd take VPI and run up to -17. Anything more than that and I'd stay away.

What's the line on VPI/ECU at most places? I'd take VPI and run up to -17. Anything more than that and I'd stay away.

The line opened at 22. Was bet up to as high as 24 in some places. Is now at 22.5.

ECU lost at home to James Madison (an FCS school) 34-14. Last week, ECU played WV who was coming off a short week (they played on Sunday night), and were obliterated (it was 49-3 at half; that's worse than WF/Presby; just think of what a one-sided blow-out that game was). The ECU program is a complete disaster right now. VT is not great as a double digit favorite, but VT beat WV, and if the Hokies are motivated, they could win this game by 40+. ECU is among the worst FBS schools in the country, and is significantly worse than plenty of FCS teams.

Last edited:
Why did they fire him again? Four bowls in six seasons. No worse than 5-7.

Well, glad I threw a bunch on the under tonight. These offenses are impressively bad.

Thurs night game?

My gut said both teams stink and will be close but smart money seems to like Cincinnati - 6 which I assume means they think the turnovers last week were an anomaly and the Texans issues are real

Rookie QB in his first start on the road after a short week. Bengals are a good bet.

Welp.

Didn't think they'd be this bad two weeks in a row.

Okie State -11.5 against Pitt yesterday may have been the lock of the year, hope you gambling guys got on it.

I stayed hot and hit a 3 team parlay with Okie State -11.5/UNC/ODU over/Clemson -3 for like +635 but got burned by ECU +24.5 on the second half of a two teamed with Memphis ML. Would have been nice but man is ECU awful.

Went the teaser rout today with NE and Oakland. Like the Carolina line as well but probably staying away from anything else until the ATL/GB game.

AF +24.5 (Michigan is overrated; AF coming off a bye; AF will run clock) good pick but Michigan is not overrated just has a great defense
Army +30 (same analysis as AF/Michigan; plus tOSU is playing with doubt on offense) wrong
Illinois +17.5 (USF still unsettled on offense, and Lovie Smith can coach defense; Lovie's return to Tampa) wrong
Toledo -9 (Tulsa's defense is awful; Toledo can score; like the over 67.5 too, but don't understand why the total has dropped more than a TD) wrong

Also, lean to Tulane +35 [wrong] as Oklahoma is in a major letdown spot, and Tulane's defense is decent. That said, don't like going against big favorites with Heisman candidates on offense as there is an incentive to run up the score. Also, Tulane is coming off a heartbreaking 2 point loss against Navy, hoping Tulane doesn't mail it in.

The Clemson side scares me. L'ville is tough at home against ranked teams, and I am not convinced that Clemson offense is that strong with Kelly Bryant at QB; yes, their defense was ridiculous last week, but they only scored 14 points against Auburn; L'ville will score. Like the VT side, [correct] if you simply bet against ECU each week, you will win more than you lose. They are embarrassing.

Tempted to take Baylor +14. Realize that Baylor has been flat-out horrible this year, and Duke played great last week, but Baylor would've been favored in this game two weeks ago, and doubt Duke will play as well two weeks in a row. The public is all over Duke, but they, like WF, are rarely a double digit favorite, and don't handle that role well. That said, fear that the first score from that game will Duke 21-0 in the first quarter, and I will feel like a dope.

Really don't know how any impartial handicapper would like the WF side this week. WF is coming off their conference opener, and plays a bigger game at App next week. WF sucks as a favorite and particularly sucks as a double digit favorite. USU has an experienced QB that won't make the same mistakes that BC frosh QB made last week. Fully expect an ugly game, and the only way to play the game is take the 13.5.[wrong Wake is quite strong]

not a very good week actually. did you put real money on these

Also like the AF +24 pick [correct]

Miss St +7.5 at home vs LSU. MSU has a great history as a dog vs LSU recently [correct]

Kansas St - 3.5 at Vandy [wrong]. Vandy has Bama, @ UF, UGA the next three weeks. Easy opportunity to be thinking about being 3-0 with Bama coming to town, and completely lay an egg. Plus, Bill Snyder.

Wyoming +14.5 home against Oregon.[wrong] Ducks D not that good, biggest home game for Wyo in forever. Nice opportunity for a backdoor cover.

South Carolina -6.5 home against Kentucky.[wrong] Night game in Columbia giving less than a TD? I'll take that

Tempted to take a ML on Tennessee. Not that UT is any good, but UF might be a dumpster fire again, still missing a lot of key offensive players and they haven't played in two weeks. [wrong but could have been]

Cal +3.5 at home v Ole Miss.[correct] Long way to travel and a late kick for Ole Miss

average day

Went 3-1 yesterday and am up to 5-2 through two weeks in the NFL. Took pats -6.5, steelers -7, cardinals -7 (loss), and raiders -14.

Back