• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Offical Sports Betting Thread

Went 3-1 yesterday and am up to 5-2 through two weeks in the NFL. Took pats -6.5, steelers -7, cardinals -7 (loss), and raiders -14.

After yesterday's results i'm wishing I just did a normal parlay of the Raiders and Pats but i'll still take the money. What do you guys like tonight? I"m thinking the Under is the only thing I like but probably going to be a stay away game for me all around. Don't have a feel for either yet and OBJ still being up in the air is too much variance for my liking.

I don't like anything about the game tonight.

I felt great about Steelers -7 once I saw Bradford trying to warmup and always felt good about the Raiders. Figured Pats would bounce back and that the Saints weren't great, but didn't feel as good about that one as the other two. Cardinals wasn't a great bet, just thought without Luck the Colts are flat out terrible. Underestimated how bad the Cardinals offense was.

Hammered the home dogs this morning while killing time at the airport

Iowa +12.5
Colorado +11.5
UNC +1.5
Mich State +3.5

I too like the UNC game. I'd take the ML and the slightly larger payout with such a small spread. ACC related, I like Clemson, NCSU, and Toledo.

MD -4 (public also likes MD which isn't great, but MD's dominating win at TX looking better each week, and UCF hasn't played since week 1)
Purdue +10.5 (going against Michigan every week until the odds-makers adjust; Michigan sucks as a big favorite)
State +11.5 (Expecting true frosh QB to have trouble against State's experienced D; also like the under 51.5 -- down from 54)
Army/Tulane under 45 (this total has dropped from 51 to 45; love taking unders when two options teams play as the defenses are prepared to stop it; unfortunately others are aware of this now)

Liked Michigan State at +4.5; now down to +3 (puts the line below or equal to key numbers; not as a big fan of the play).

Auburn has played under 8 straight games; Missouri has scored 13 (against SC) and 3 (against Purdue) the last two weeks (Auburn held Clemson to 14 - Auburn can play D); was ready to pounce on the under (59% of the public action is on the under), yet the total rose from 55 to 60.5. Red flag --- the professional bettors know something. May stay away.

Auburn has played under 8 straight games; Missouri has scored 13 (against SC) and 3 (against Purdue) the last two weeks (Auburn held Clemson to 14 - Auburn can play D); was ready to pounce on the under (59% of the public action is on the under), yet the total rose from 55 to 60.5. Red flag --- the professional bettors know something. May stay away.

Mizzou's defense is the elixir that Auburn's offense needs.

I don't like much in the college game this week, aside from App St. Looking at Pittsburgh, TCU, and Georgia... But not feeling good enough to pull the trigger yet.

So many home dogs in the NFL this week that it is like Christmas for me!

I like the Saints getting 6 and Tennessee giving less than a FG at home.

Army/Tulane under 45 (this total has dropped from 51 to 45; love taking unders when two options teams play as the defenses are prepared to stop it; unfortunately others are aware of this now)

Gonna be awful hot in New Orleans doe -- might wear down the defenses having to deal with the repetitiveness and being on the field for extended periods of time

I had Oakland -3 in my pool. They're up 11 with less than 3 minutes (I think) left with the ball, and throw the bomb on first down to a guy who is covered pretty well with the sideline as an extra defender. This pass is intercepted by the safety who came over in time to get the deflection. Hence, they gave Miami the opportunity to score a touchdown and make the 2-point conversion, resulting in an onside kick attempt to retain possession and maybe kick a FG to tie the game.

My only question is why? Who made this decision? Oh well, push is better than an L.

I am taking a beating on all fronts. In the first 2-3 weeks I doubled my investment, and now I only have half of the original amount left. I need help guys.

BUMP

Still hanging on with my buy in from last year, after cashing out a nice chunk of profit in the spring.

Didn't fare too well on $10-20 bets on multiple Saturday games, but hammered LSU moneyline and made it all back and then some on Sunday night. It was a virtual home game and I guess everyone forgot how much Miami sucked at the end of last year.

This week I like a couple of the home dawgs in NCAA action (to cover):

USF +3.5
KSU +9.5
SoCar +10
Also place a small wager on the ASU moneyline

Anything else out there I'm missing?

I'll also take any advice I can read on NFL lines. I got nothing.

I don't usually do much "work" on this stuff until Thursday... Not that I am an expert or anything, but I'll happily post my thoughts and we can all get poor together.

This week I like Panthers -2.5, Falcons +2.5, and Rams -4.5

This week I like Panthers -2.5, Falcons +2.5, and Rams -4.5

Agree with you on the Rams and Panthers, especially the Panthers (I'm down on Oakland). Not as sure about Atl. Their O underachieved with Sarkisian last year, and I don't know that it's fixed yet. I also like Bal -7 (Buffalo's OL is a complete trainwreck), Hou +6.5 (NE often starts slowly, and Hou is healthy - for now) and NYJ +6.5 (I'm down on Det).

Back