• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Offical Sports Betting Thread

BUMP

Still hanging on with my buy in from last year, after cashing out a nice chunk of profit in the spring.

Didn't fare too well on $10-20 bets on multiple Saturday games, but hammered LSU moneyline and made it all back and then some on Sunday night. It was a virtual home game and I guess everyone forgot how much Miami sucked at the end of last year.

This week I like a couple of the home dawgs in NCAA action (to cover):

USF +3.5
KSU +9.5
SoCar +10
Also place a small wager on the ASU moneyline

Anything else out there I'm missing?

I'll also take any advice I can read on NFL lines. I got nothing.

The one I have my eye on this week is Penn St. -8.5 at Pitt. There's value in the "good team that looked bad in week 1". This seems like a game Penn St. should win by 2 TDs. Stanford giving 5.5 at home to USC is interesting, too.

The one I have my eye on this week is Penn St. -8.5 at Pitt. There's value in the "good team that looked bad in week 1". This seems like a game Penn St. should win by 2 TDs.

It's also a rivalry game, and then 7th ranked Penn State lost the last time they played at Pitt. I wouldn't touch the game, but if I did, it would be to take the home dog.

Like some trash sides this weekend:

- Army -8
- Kansas +5 (also like them on the money line)
- Charlotte +14
- Michigan -27

Of the games mentioned above, Kansas State has some really strong trends in its favor: KSU has been about the best team in CFB as a home dog under Snyder. That said, new Miss. State HC Joe Moorhead (OC) may be the next new great coach, and he gets his starting QB back after missing the opener next week. Lean toward K State, but not with both feet.

Probably the worst weekend of the season for high-profile competitive games.

Lines I liked:

Arizona State +5.5
Mississippi State -7.5
UVA +6.5 (may take this straight up)
Iowa -4

I am in a $718,800 NFL Survival League. $100 per entry; 7188 entries.

I bought 3 entries with a buddy. Our survivor picks this week are:

Detroit over the Jets at home and their rook QB
Baltimore over the Bills at home and their rook QB
Saints over Tampa Bay at home without their crableg QB

Not a great starting week as I don't see any bunnies. We opted to not go with GB at home over Chicago because their D is weak this year (we think) and their Receivers are a bit bumbling so far.

Talk me into a different pick. I am not psyched for any of these picks ....

Historically. something like 20-30% of the entries are out after the 1st week ...

I think the Packers' D will be much improved actually. They've added pieces and Pettine is a huge improvement over washed Capers at DC

Like some trash sides this weekend:

- Army -8
- Kansas +5 (also like them on the money line)
- Charlotte +14
- Michigan -27

Of the games mentioned above, Kansas State has some really strong trends in its favor: KSU has been about the best team in CFB as a home dog under Snyder. That said, new Miss. State HC Joe Moorhead (OC) may be the next new great coach, and he gets his starting QB back after missing the opener next week. Lean toward K State, but not with both feet.

Probably the worst weekend of the season for high-profile competitive games.

Agree that this is a week of largely shitty match-ups, but there are a lot of games that are interesting to me. Still digging through them all.

Love Kansas and Charlotte, as well.

Saints v. Tampa for sure.

I'm sure I've said this before, but I don't do survivor leagues. In fact, one of my favorite NFL things to do is to take the money line on the biggest underdog of the week. Call it anti-survivor.

This week, I'll take the Tampa money line.

Obviously won't win every week (or even close to it), but the idea is that it will win enough over the course of the season to end up profitable.

I'm sure I've said this before, but I don't do survivor leagues. In fact, one of my favorite NFL things to do is to take the money line on the biggest underdog of the week. Call it anti-survivor.

Obviously won't win every week (or even close to it), but the idea is that it will win enough over the course of the season to end up profitable.
Has it worked in practice?

I put $10 on a Europa league parlay a couple weeks ago which brought back $1250. It was electric

Lines I liked:

Arizona State +5.5
Mississippi State -7.5
UVA +6.5 (may take this straight up)
Iowa -4

Good day here - ended up taking Arizona state money line and only took the UVA spread so finished 5-0.

Passed on the 1 NFL games. Leaning panthers -2.5.

Had 49ers +5.5 and the ways they’ve conspired to not cover in this game are truly astounding

Congrats

Worked well today!

Thanks. Will be playing with house money for a few weeks. That’s always nice.

You should know that there's no such thing as "house money". Once you have it, the money is yours.

Any thoughts on tonight's games? Don't have a feeling one way or the other on the Jets game but if I had to pick I'd take Lions to cover. Raiders +6 at home is tantalizing but can they stop Gurley?

Back