• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Offical Sports Betting Thread

First year NFL coaches went 0-7 and 1-6 ATS in week #1. The one cover was the Bears who had an epic collapse against GB.

Takes time to implement an new system.

First year NFL coaches went 0-7 and 1-6 ATS in week #1. The one cover was the Bears who had an epic collapse against GB.

Also, from watching the Lions game, it apparently takes no time to destroy an old one.

I think Nagy will do well in Chicago - they just took their foot off the gas. Also think Shurmer will be fine in New York. Agree with ATS about Detroit. I know many here like to trash Caldwell. But he took over an undisciplined team and had a respectable record vis-a-vis the relative lack of talent he had to work with. He had a QB and a WR or 2 but always had a bad OL and no running game. Had a good DC in Austin but not much talent on D outside of Ansah and Slay. I'm also leery of Pats assistants and how well they'll do outside of NE. I'm also down on Gruden in Oakland. He refuses to pay their 1 legit superstar and lets go their go to WR in favor of Nelson who has lost a step. Add to that he's been out of coaching for over a decade.

I think Vrabel will be good -- he's hired a good staff. Just might take time for Mariota to pick up that offense, if he and their offense generally can get healthy. Their OC LaFleur has a great track record working with the Atlanta offense in 2016 and the Rams' in 2017

There are several CFB games this week with lines I like (however, most are road teams):

LSU +10 @ Auburn
LSU +320 to win outright
Vanderbilt + 13.5 @ Notre Dame
Oklahoma -18 @ Iowa State
Arizona State -5.5 @ San Diego State
Toledo +10.5 v. Miami
Toledo +280 to win outright
Georgia tech -4.5 @ Pittsburgh
Fresno State -1 @ UCLA

I like BC -4.5 :couch: but generally don't bet against our Deacs. The LSU and Toledo bets are fliers where I like their chances to win better than their moneyline odds reflect.

There are several CFB games this week with lines I like (however, most are road teams):

LSU +10 @ Auburn
LSU +320 to win outright
Toledo +10.5 v. Miami
Fresno State -1 @ UCLA

I like BC -4.5 :couch: but generally don't bet against our Deacs. The LSU and Toledo bets are fliers where I like their chances to win better than their moneyline odds reflect.

Of the games you listed, I like Auburn and GT, lean Vandy, and have no opinion on the rest.

I think I like Oklahoma State over Boise State... Just too many folks expecting a Boise State win.

Not too much I like in NCAAF this week.

Lots of NFL, though... Love PITT & DAL.

I’m still seeing the Vikes vs GB game as a pick. Give me the Vikes in a lock.

Interesting. I like Miami and Iowa state at those spreads.

LSU +10 @ Auburn
LSU +320 to win outright
Toledo +10.5 v. Miami
Fresno State -1 @ UCLA

SATs, are there ever really funky lines in football? In basketball, several times a year there are lines that make no sense and the side that is crazy almost always wins. I haven't seen such things in football, but I don't that much attention. Does it happen?

ULM +27.5
Duke/Baylor under 49
Texas Tech +2
Miami (FL) -11
FSU/Cuse over 69
Florida -20

Seems like a lot of touts are on Cuse +3. Tempted to take FSU. Realize that the Noles have been awful, but would think that they will improve as the year goes on. Cuse's defense is terrible. Dungey is legit however.

Without Rodgers the Packers are a bottom 10 team

The one I have my eye on this week is Penn St. -8.5 at Pitt. There's value in the "good team that looked bad in week 1". This seems like a game Penn St. should win by 2 TDs. Stanford giving 5.5 at home to USC is interesting, too.

Let's keep the streak going...

Army -6.5
Toledo +12
Notre Dame -14
Utah +4.5

Even with Rodgers I think the Packers get their ass kicked

Yep, gonna be a best down either way. Not sure Rodgers even makes it to the end if he starts the game.

SATs, are there ever really funky lines in football? In basketball, several times a year there are lines that make no sense and the side that is crazy almost always wins. I haven't seen such things in football, but I don't that much attention. Does it happen?

Hell yes it happens.

Back