• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Offical Sports Betting Thread

I’m still seeing the Vikes vs GB game as a pick. Give me the Vikes in a lock.

I like GB.

Exact opposite of the early season game last year where everyone thought the Packers were a lock and Minny won.

GT looks like dogshit on offense. Did not expect that at all.

They had a lot of injuries last week. Not sure who is back this week.

They had a lot of injuries last week. Not sure who is back this week.

I knew they lost their starting A-Back, but the replacement wasn’t supposed to be much of a step back.

#11 offense in the nation through 2 weeks according to S&P+... Awful defense. Kind of like Wake, but more extreme.

3 and out on first 4 possessions. Ugh.

Last edited:
There are several CFB games this week with lines I like (however, most are road teams):

LSU +10 @ Auburn
LSU +320 to win outright
Vanderbilt + 13.5 @ Notre Dame
Oklahoma -18 @ Iowa State
Arizona State -5.5 @ San Diego State
Toledo +10.5 v. Miami
Toledo +280 to win outright
Georgia tech -4.5 @ Pittsburgh
Fresno State -1 @ UCLA

I like BC -4.5 :couch: but generally don't bet against our Deacs. The LSU and Toledo bets are fliers where I like their chances to win better than their moneyline odds reflect.

Went 4-5 but finished ahead with the LSU money line.

I'm most surprised by Georgia Tech - that was a pitiful performance.

I like Mizzou + 14.5 over Georgia.

Intrigued by some other college games, but not much else that I'll pull the trigger on.

If I can get GT +17 or more, I'd take them over Clemson. I'll probably do it regardless.
I've been liking South Carolina (2 weeks to prepare after Georgia beat down and matched up against what I think is an overrated Vandy team)... But so does everyone else. So that's a pass for me.

Other sides that are interesting where I need to do more work:
UConn +27.5 vs. Syracuse
Tulane +37 vs. Ohio State

I promise that I also be favorites from time to time, but nothing jumps out at me right now.

The O/U in our game opened at 54.5 and has moved to 60. That's huge...

Like:

Tulane +37 (look ahead to Penn State)
Marshall +5
LA Tech +20.5
UVA -5

Normally, I would be intrigued by GA Tech +15.5, but Clemson intentionally scheduled GA Southern the week before to prepare for the option. GA Tech seems to be in a death spiral, and kind of get the feeling the Clemson is ready to blow someone out after the close win over Texas A&M and muddling through the remnants of Hurricane Florence during the win over GA Southern.

Lots of pro players are on ECU +20.5 against USF. Don't see it. The sharps also like WF a lot. Scares me.

Like:

Tulane +37 (look ahead to Penn State)
Marshall +5
LA Tech +20.5
UVA -5

Normally, I would be intrigued by GA Tech +15.5, but Clemson intentionally scheduled GA Southern the week before to prepare for the option. GA Tech seems to be in a death spiral, and kind of get the feeling the Clemson is ready to blow someone out after the close win over Texas A&M and muddling through the remnants of Hurricane Florence during the win over GA Southern.

Lots of pro players are on ECU +20.5 against USF. Don't see it. The sharps also like WF a lot. Scares me.

I looked at UVA. That’s probably the side I’d take, but passing.

Hadn’t thought about that in regards to GT / Clemson... It just seemed like a good spot for the Yellow Jackets. I don’t think they are in a death spiral.

Seems like sharps AND the public are on the Deacs. I just can’t. I want to, but I can’t.

Picks I like:

Minnesota +115 at Maryland
BC -7 at Purdue
UVA -5.5 v. Louisville
Oregon State +180 v. Arizona
Southern Miss -14 v. Rice

Big move late on Minny Gophers. I like them too, but first road game at this point in season always dangerous. Same holds true for ND.

I like Mizzou + 14.5 over Georgia.

Intrigued by some other college games, but not much else that I'll pull the trigger on.

If I can get GT +17 or more, I'd take them over Clemson. I'll probably do it regardless.
I've been liking South Carolina (2 weeks to prepare after Georgia beat down and matched up against what I think is an overrated Vandy team)... But so does everyone else. So that's a pass for me.

Other sides that are interesting where I need to do more work:
UConn +27.5 vs. Syracuse
Tulane +37 vs. Ohio State

I promise that I also be favorites from time to time, but nothing jumps out at me right now.

A whole lot of meh from me today.

Back