• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Offical Sports Betting Thread

Miami +19 is intriguing. Belichick protoges tend to do okay against NE, and I think Bill will take pity on Flores and play Stidham the whole 2nd half and mostly run the ball. Although Miami can't stop the run either. But yeah, this has back door cover written all over it.
lol

Hoodie still slinging it with Tommy up 37-0.

Hoodie must have placed some of those Australian point wagers.

Like a handful of unders (don’t know why these jumped out to me this week over point spreads):

Utah state @ SDSU u52.5
NMSU @ New Mexico u68.5
South Carolina @ Missouri u63.5
South Alabama @ UAB u50

NMSU absolutely sucks so 68.5 is a ton of points. South Alabama also has a bad offense and I expect that to be low scoring. I like Love a lot but the SDSU defense is one of the best in the country.

At early glance for the noon games I like WMU +6 at Cuse, Tennessee +15 at UF, and Ole Miss -2.5 vs Cal.

Other picks I’m looking at:

Michigan @ Wisconsin (-3)
Coastal @ UMass (+17)
App (+3 and ML) @ UNC - I think good value on App ML regardless of who I think will win. This one is a total tossup to me.
WVU (-5) @ Kansas
SMU @ TCU (-9.5)
Baylor (-26) @ Rice
Nebraska @ Illinois (+13)

I like Air Force +8 at Boise State if you want to watch a game on Friday.
Tennessee +14 at UF
Wisconsin -3.5 v UM
UNC-CH -3 v App

I also like Missouri to cover 9.5 versus The Cocks.

Georgia/ND line was 12.5 and is now 14 or 14.5. I wouldn't touch that.

App/UNC over looks like free money to me. I don't see App stopping UNC's passing attack in any way, and we all know that App can score themselves.

The UF/UT line looks silly... No way could you justify taking UF -14 w/ Trask starting and given how blah they've been so far this year. Only a moron would want to take UF and lay those points.

What I am saying is that I'm perhaps interested in UF -14.

App/UNC over looks like free money to me. I don't see App stopping UNC's passing attack in any way, and we all know that App can score themselves.

I don't know about that. UNC-CH is only averging 23.3 ppg so far against three middling P5 defenses, but App State is scoring big against weak competition.

The UF/UT line looks silly... No way could you justify taking UF -14 w/ Trask starting and given how blah they've been so far this year. Only a moron would want to take UF and lay those points.

What I am saying is that I'm perhaps interested in UF -14.

The UT loss to Ga State was just awful, but they really should have beaten BYU. Guarantano should have some confidence now. But you do you. Maybe the Gators are ready for an actual good performance.

I don't know about that. UNC-CH is only averging 23.3 ppg so far against three middling P5 defenses, but App State is scoring big against weak competition.

I watched UNCC treat Apps defense like a rag doll. I fully expect UNC to score 31+

My thoughts below. The fact that I don't like these picks though is probably very good for you. I was 2-7 last week. 6-1-1 in NFL for the year, though, which I normally suck at. Living in the upside down.

- Ole Miss was in a dogfight with Southeast Louisiana (I learned this was a team) for a while in the 2nd half last week. Cal beat "dark horse playoff contender" Washington on the road.
- Michigan should have lost to Army while Wisconsin has trounced USF and CMU 110-0. Camp Randall will be wild.
- App gave up 41 to Charlotte. I'm already on UNC -3 and will be on the over whenever my book posts one (unsure why not available)
- Coastal beat Kansas (we know what happened to BC) and just beat an inferior opponent 47-6. UMass just lost to Charlotte by 35 last week (maybe putting too much stock in Charlotte still sucking)
- SCar was two questionable calls (holding on fake FG TD and knee incorrectly ruled down inside the 2 yard line) away from putting up 37 on Bama. Under seems scary with the new QB slinging it well.

The UT loss to Ga State was just awful, but they really should have beaten BYU. Guarantano should have some confidence now. But you do you. Maybe the Gators are ready for an actual good performance.

My gambling style can best be described as, "I am not smarter than the broader market, so I'll fade anything that seems obvious."

I don't actually think UF is an elite team.

Like:

tOSU -39 (Miami Oh OL is decimated)
Coastal Carolina -17 (will go against UMASS until they cover; they are the Dolphins of CFB)
Tenn +14
Tulsa -3
NM State +5

With numbers on each of those unders.

Also, like UNC -3. App looks like it may be taking a step back without Satterfield. Was ready to pounce on L'ville getting more than a TD at FSU, but the Cards may have two QBs out.

I'm down .18 of a unit in college football so far this year after a hot week one, bad week two, and even week three (should've bet the Temple ML like I said and I'd be up for the year). I'm up .02 of a unit in the NFL thanks to taking the Browns at increased odds at -9.5 on MNF banking on the Jets being awful.

So even for the year overall give or take a couple bucks. Here's to a good week to get back in the green on both.

Actually just got WVU -4 at Kansas. Think that may be my favorite bet of the week.

Fun fact from the Bear I saw on twitter which relates to the Ole Miss game as well is that since 2015 there have been 25 times in the regular season where a team ranked 20-25th entered a game against an unranked team as an underdog. The ranked teams are 4-21 straight up over that span including twice this year (Maryland against Syracuse and USC over Stanford). Ole Miss is -2 against 23rd ranked Cal.

I just got WVU -3.5. WTF is happening with that line. Odd.

UL Monroe +18 @Iowa State is interesting given what their offense did against FSU, and a potential ISU letdown game.

lol

Hoodie still slinging it with Tommy up 37-0.

Belichick's proteges have a decent record against him, and yeah, I thought he'd take it easy on Flores. Which is also why I started Wilson over Brady on my fantasy team, though that worked out just fine.

And now this week, we have 2 NFL games with 20+ lines. Never thought I'd see that. Think I'll go ahead and use up Dal in my survivor league - don't want to burn NE yet.

Back