• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Offical Sports Betting Thread

I didn’t realize we were a 23 point underdog in that 1994 game at Tech. I knew it was an upset but not that much of an upset.

Is Bear the fat guy on espn with the glasses? Why would anyone care what he thinks?

I see that 93% of the money is on Klempton to cover the 35 and everyone is flying to Vegas and betting the mortgage and you can’t blame us. Everyone knows Kerns won’t keep it close and it’s about a 57-10 type of game.

Easy money.

Caught an early flight back from Vegas so I haven’t seen the score but assume when we land will find out we got the 50 point difference I called for and the mortgage is paid

Picks so far this week:

Michigan @ Indiana (+9)
Georgia Southern @ Arkansas State (+1)
Oklahoma State (-7) @ West Virginia
Minnesota (-14) @ Northwestern
NC State (+2) @ Ga. Tech
Pittsburgh @ Virginia Tech (-4)

I have State as a 3.5 point favorite even though they’ve been awful. They need to win out for a bowl and I think they probably win outright.

Also only have Indiana +3.5. This doesn’t even include the look ahead factor to the OSU game.

Nebraska -4
Texas A&M +13.5
Tennessee +5
Purdue +24
Texas +5
Nevada +14
Duke/WF Under 51

Really like the Duke/WF under. Both teams are suffering from major injuries on offense. Duke is averaging 11 ppg over its last 4. WF's offense has struggled without Surratt. If this game was played in September, the total would've been in 60s, but right now both teams struggle to score at all (WF has yet to score a TD and really hasn't moved the ball, admittedly against Clemson and VT, since Surratt went out in the 2nd half against VT). The one caveat with any under is that defensive and special teams scores can make a defensive struggle light up the scoreboard, but even with WF's special teams struggles, this is a worthy risk.

Last edited:
I saw lots of play from bettors on our game early in the week. Basically that duke has been shit the last month in all phases and Wake is much worse on offense without Sage than anyone credits.

App St -29 vs Texas St
Tenn +4 @ Mizzou
Miami -20.5 @ FIU
SD State +3 @ Hawaii
Air Force -22 @ New Mexico
Utah -22 @ Arizona

State already moved to -1.5. That’s a 3.5 point movement over 24 hours. I saw they were getting hammered by sharps. With the odds too I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s -2 by kickoff. Got it +2 earlier this week.

Very glad I got State +2. They should have kicked the damn extra point!

Lotta bad weather under potentials this weekend. The ones I'm monitoring are below. Will probably check forecasts later this afternoon and make a few plays.

Navy
VT
Louisville
OSU
Bama
Auburn
Kentucky
UNC

Texas AM + 13 UGA
Texas +6 Baylor
UAB -6.5 La Tech
App St -30 Texas St.

ETA Took NCSU +2

I lost my NCSU wager by 0.5.

Won on Indy by 0.5.

Weird night.

I want to wager on Davidson tonight, but I need confirmation that Chaundee isn’t playing. With no Chaundee, I think we lose by at least 12.*

*Though I’d still worry about a barrage of Chill 3s in the last minute.

Back