• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Offical Sports Betting Thread

Wasn’t the issue that due to contact tracing Baylor didn’t have enough players? How is that not about Covid and how is that dumb? If someone pops up positive after playing both teams have been exposed to it. Seems pretty reasonable.

It had initially been reported that it was a City of Waco decision. That turned out to be erroneous. My apologies.

It’s still silly that the headline on a number of sites (that you can still read) said the game was canceled due to a “COVID outbreak” when there were zero positive tests involved.

COVID-related? Sure. COVID outbreak? No.

I think App (-3.5 to -5 depending on site) really puts it on Marshall this weekend after a pretty meh performance vs. Charlotte

App fumbled on the 1, gave up a KO for TD, had a FG blocked, committed two penalties on 4th down for free first downs, and turned it over twice more...and still beat Charlotte by 15. Should have been a 28-35 point blowout. Marshall blew out EKU week 1 but they are god awful, take nothing from that game.

Jk I guess fumbling on the 1 is a thing for App this year. What a shit effort from the Mountaineers

Decent lineup of games today... Anyone have any action?

Is this the day to fade UNC?

Obviously a weird year with Covid, opt outs and all the starts & stops but I swear this line looks reverse. Can't for the life of me see how VT is -3 vs UVa? I love the +3 and take UVa on the road now that the streak is over. Their QB Brennan Armstrong is much better and the 6'7" frosh WR Lavell Davis makes it a tough combo with Armstrong.
Check out the weather in the Mid-West before better the overs tomorrow as it will be driving rainstorms in IN-OH-MI. Usually high scoring MAC games could be affected.

Hate to do it, but agree with Reff.

Have been riding UVA. Bronco teams improve during the season. Also, UVA announced that they aren't going to a bowl game. So, this is their "all in" game. VT has lost 4 straight. Their QBs are beaten up (and apparently convulse if temps get into the 30s), and Fuente may get fired. The major concern about UVA is that their defense is depleted. Their best defensive player, Charles Snowden is out for the season. Two starting LBs are out, and their secondary sucks (BC backup QB threw for a school record 500+ yards against UVA last weekend). VT does have some offensive weapons. So, don't think the game is a lock, but UVA has the more reliable QB option and the better coach.

Hate to do it, but agree with Reff.

Have been riding UVA. Bronco teams improve during the season. Also, UVA announced that they aren't going to a bowl game. So, this is their "all in" game. VT has lost 4 straight. Their QBs are beaten up (and apparently convulse if temps get into the 30s), and Fuente may get fired. The major concern about UVA is that their defense is depleted. Their best defensive player, Charles Snowden is out for the season. Two starting LBs are out, and their secondary sucks (BC backup QB threw for a school record 500+ yards against UVA last weekend). VT does have some offensive weapons. So, don't think the game is a lock, but UVA has the more reliable QB option and the better coach.

WOW!! ^^^ :thumbsup:

Bump.

Week 1 games I'm eyeing that all look a little too easy:

Bowling Green +35 @ Tennessee
UNC -5.5 @ VT
Miami +19.5 vs. Bama
Pitt -38 vs. UMASS
UL Lafayette +8 (or ML) vs Texas
San Jose St +14 (or ML) vs USC
Army +2 @ Ga St
Clemson vs. UGA under 51

Bump.

Week 1 games I'm eyeing that all look a little too easy:

Bowling Green +35 @ Tennessee
UNC -5.5 @ VT
Miami +19.5 vs. Bama
Pitt -38 vs. UMASS
UL Lafayette +8 (or ML) vs Texas
San Jose St +14 (or ML) vs USC
Army +2 @ Ga St
Clemson vs. UGA under 51

Bowling Green is god awful, but Tennessee won’t have many enjoyable Saturdays this fall. I think they’ll run it up, and that scares me.

Miami with the points seems like such a no-brainer vs. Bama that I feel like I’m getting duped. Bama moneyline seems like easy money, but not ATS.

I have no clue what to expect in the Clemson/UGA game. I picked UGA to cover in a pool, but would not otherwise touch it.

Lots of respected action on UGA.

Like ECU and Rice plus the points.

Bowling Green may be the worst of the FBS teams. Auto play against every week.

LSU v UCLA will be a key game for conference supremacy.

In Vegas now for the week. Initial ATS inclinations for the weekend:

Purdue +7 @ Notre Dame
Baylor -17 @ Kansas
Northwestern -3 @ Duke
Illinois +7.5 vs. Maryland
Cincinnati -3.5 @ Indiana

Last edited:
Boise -3 v. OK State
W. Michigan +15 v. Pitt
Kent State +23 v. Iowa
Vandy +11 v. Stanford
Utah State +8 v. Air Force

Want to pull the trigger on UVA and Florida, but trying to determine whether those are the right sides or I just want to go against UNC and Bama.

Last edited:
Want to pull the trigger on UVA and Florida, but trying to get determine whether those are the right sides or I just want to go against UNC and Bama.

These types of dilemmas are the worst for me.

You can even see on this thread where I wanted to fade UNC last year almost every week. It's foolish to not even consider the other team's situation, though.

Florida is kind of an ugly mess on offense. Jones just isn't where he needs to be and Richardson is too raw. Richardson really reminds me of Cam Newton, but to start him against Alabama seems like a very bad idea (which isn't going to happen anyway).

Cincy -3.5 @ Indiana looks like a gift.

So I might end up taking Indiana, as I am prone to do when something looks too easy.

I actually lean Bama & UNC at the current numbers.

Also, who is going to get skull-fucked worse this week? GT @ Clemson or SCAR @ UGA? Yikes.

And true to my handle, I'm thinking about taking the Deacs ATS with the line down to -4.5. First road game for FSU. I think it's more likely they implode than "get right" vs. Wake.

I've kept track of my weekly lines the last couple of years and found I bat around 50%. Where I bat significantly better is on NFL season o/u totals, so I did a bunch of those this year now that it's legal in VA. Some of my favorites were Arz O 8.5, Atl U 7.5, Cle O 10.5, Jax U 6.5, GB O 10, LAR O 10.5 and SF O 10.5.

Weekly ATS Nugget:

This one is hard to believe... Teddy Bridgewater's teams are 22-3 ATS on the road when he starts at QB. This week, the Broncos (-6) play at J'ville. FWIW, Teddy's teams have never been favored by more than 3 during that covering streak.

C'ville,

A fan of your content, but anyone posting their team over/unders after the first week is shady. Got to lay your picks out before the results in.

Last edited:
Weekly ATS Nugget:

This one is hard to believe... Teddy Bridgewater's teams are 22-3 ATS on the road when he starts at QB. This week, the Broncos (-6) play at J'ville. FWIW, Teddy's teams have never been favored by more than 3 during that covering streak.

C'ville,

A fan of your content, but anyone posting their team over/unders after the first week is shady. Got to lay your picks out before the results in.

Sorry Pilch. I was just throwing an idea out there in case folks want to bet in a way that's better than 50%. I think most of us who seriously follow college or pro football can do better on season wins than weekly bets. Keeping track of what I would have done the last 2 seasons, I noticed I was more in the 70-75% range on season win totals, so I started doing that for this season. I'll probably start to throw less $$ on weekly lines for fun, but this was my foray into legal betting.

Saw that stat, but didn't see the part about never being favored by more than 3. That alone is enough to keep me away.

Back