• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2007 Orange Bowl

I spent almost a week in Miami on the AD dime. We had a couple rehearsals for the band, but mostly had free time (and stipend money to spend).

I hate that I missed the tailgates, but leading the fight song on the field during pregame was an invaluable Wake memory.

Good times! I rode a bus down to Miami and back with fellow Deacon Clubbers! Die hard Wake fans!

Addendum: Should add that somehow I crashed Pres Hearn's private box and watched the entire game sitting next to he and his son, eating his catered food and drinking his beer! Awesome day!

Hatch had become president about 18 months earlier. Hearn died 18 months later.

I stood in line for about 30 minutes at a portapotty because some Louisville lady fan was in there forever. When she came out, she drunkenly apologized, while wiping the remnants of barf drool from her lips. Judging from the mess she left inside, she had been barfing into the toilet while simultaneously unleashing the chocolate kraken into the hand wash basin that they have in some of those things. An absolute disaster zone.

I stood in line for about 30 minutes at a portapotty because some Louisville lady fan was in there forever. When she came out, she drunkenly apologized, while wiping the remnants of barf drool from her lips. Judging from the mess she left inside, she had been barfing into the toilet while simultaneously unleashing the chocolate kraken into the hand wash basin that they have in some of those things. An absolute disaster zone.

how many bases how many rbi

And yet you still banged her.

Hatch had become president about 18 months earlier. Hearn died 18 months later.

Yep- Hearn was weak and his son was very attentive. I still remember the look on his face when I yelled out "WTF" on the BS Belton fumble call! Priceless to cuss in the presence of a Pres for Mother So Dear!:cool:

I was in Miami for about 22 hours. Awesome time despite the loss.

I was ready to FIGHT some Louisville people. I had a lot of RBVs in me and I was feeling STRONG.

I agree with this. The Landing was a central gathering spot on Friday and Saturday. Randomly ran into dozens of people I wouldn't have seen otherwise. There wasn't anything comparable in Miami.

Timdunk may remember this, but our friend attempted to climb the Christmas tree and was shouted down by the dueling piano guys.

That is embarrassing.

1) You only had 1 Wake shirt? 2) It's a game, wear a dirty shirt. 3) There were shirts for sale everywhere in Wake colors.

It was gross, wore it out the night before and dude I was just out of school, a complete drunk and idiot. NO chance I was smart enough to pack that way.

I took the sure thing and went to the ACC Championship - couldn't swing a trip to both. Once we won in J'ville I wished I had waited for the Orange Bowl... Oh well.

same

pops surprised me with ACCCG tix for xmas that year, no way i could swing both trips

so jealous of my buddies who went to the orange bowl - this tailgate sounded amazing

I was there with 8 or 9 other college friends. Missed the tailgate (I didn't know most of y'all personally yet) but had a great time in Miami anyway.

same

pops surprised me with ACCCG tix for xmas that year, no way i could swing both trips

so jealous of my buddies who went to the orange bowl - this tailgate sounded amazing

Surprised they weren't counterfeit tickets.

same

I'm guessing an early Xmas gift or is this another townie LIE

haha it was my only xmas present and a badass one at that, but yes obviously early

Back