• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Stan Cotten

Mac McDonald was fantastic...strange to read that he is not behind the mike anywhere these days. Stan Cotten took some time to get into the groove but he is 100% wake now...would not trade him for anyone. The oddest move in NC was when the Panthers dumped Bill Rosinski for Mick Mixon. Not sure that one made sense then or now. Rosinski is as good as it gets.

Mac McDonald was fantastic...strange to read that he is not behind the mike anywhere these days. Stan Cotten took some time to get into the groove but he is 100% wake now...would not trade him for anyone. The oddest move in NC was when the Panthers dumped Bill Rosinski for Mick Mixon. Not sure that one made sense then or now. Rosinski is as good as it gets.

Supposedly, Rosinski wanted an nfc championship ring but the panthers wouldn't give him one. A dust up ensued.

Supposedly, Rosinski wanted an nfc championship ring but the panthers wouldn't give him one. A dust up ensued.

Good move, Panthers. Rosinski has a classic broadcasting voice, but I enjoy Mick's wordsmithing.

Mick sucks. Just a Woody Durham hack wannabe.

Stan should win broadcaster of the decade for having to put up with [Redacted] for four years. perhaps even a lifetime achievement award.

In the minority I guess, but my opinion of Stan is that yes he is a much better football announcer than basketball. He is a little slow at keeping pace with the game

Mixon is awful. He wasn't horrible at color commentary, but his play-by-play work is terrible. Eugene Robinson, OTOH, is DAT DUDE.

Stan is better at FB (I'm confident he'd say that about himself because it's his background), but still great for basketball.

Not to sidetrack, but none of them can hold a candle to the late, great Gene Overby. BOTTOMS!!!

Hard to believe he's been gone 25 years. RIP Gene.

Agree 100%. Stan doesn't seem to bleed black and gold like Gene did . No offense to Stan, but he's no Gene .

Growing up in North Carolina, there are some iconic voices that I have listened to on the radio over the past 30 years. Jeff Charles, Woody Durham, Bob Harris, Gary Dornberg, Gary Hahn, etc... I can tell you that Stan gives more information and is more on point with his calls than any of them. Some of his calls from the 2006 football season are some of the best! Congrats Stan, very well deserved!

Dornberg and Hahn at State are the best football announcers going .

Bob Harris is the worst.

Woody Durham was awful too. He would make a call "It's first and 10 from the Carolina 20. There's the snap. The hand off is to Means. He gets a block, makes a great move and bursts through the line!!!! And that brings up 2 down and 8 for the Heels."

Harris really is awful . Woody was a homer but always well prepared. I loved to listen to him suffer during Carolina losses.

Back