• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A question about Coach Manning

where is self going?

There was a little noise that the Thunder would reach out if they ever released Scott Brooks. He grew up and played in Oklahoma so seems like a stronger possibility than the other NBA jobs he's been mentioned for in the past.

But, other than that, no where.

Regardless of our eventual seed in the ACC tourney, I bet by then we will be a very frisky team no one will really want to face early on.

If you use KenPom to seed the ACCT today, we'd be the 11 seed and play FSU to play Cuse to play Ville then the final. Tough road but not impossible given our results so far.
Would really love to get above 10th and not play the first day.

where is self going?

Exactly. He's only a few years older than Manning, so Danny is not going to Kansas any time soon, if ever.

If Manning builds such a great program here to merit consideration from KU or other elite programs, he probably would have good enough reason to continue and win on his own here.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/11022160/college-coaches-bill-self-john-calipari-contacted-nba-jobs

Self said it would be extremely difficult to deal with losing in the NBA.

"It would be hard,'' Self said. "From an ego standpoint, we all are used to winning and we like to win. We went 25-10 this year and it sucked. I say that jokingly. We haven't lost 10 games in one season in 14 or 15 years [at Tulsa in 1999], something like that, since my second year at Tulsa or maybe longer than that. Can you imagine losing 50 or 60 games in a year?

"I'm not saying never, but certainly this is a pretty good situation."

Tragic news about Self. Maybe ESPN can find space between K tribute pieces to do a segment on it.

2md02dw.jpg

If you listen real close you can hear them singing "roooooooooock chaaaaaaaaaaalk jayyyyyyyyyy haaaaaaaaawwwwwwk..."

Self's hairline actually died years ago. That sorry excuse for a hairpiece is just awful.

Doubt we can go on an 11-0 run, but we are getting better each game. Would love to take the Heels down!

Back