• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Favorite Deacon Dunks

That LD Williams dunk against GT is the most crazy athletic dunk I can remember, and it isn't even close. He palms that shit so far back and then throws it down just hanging in the air like that and he was only 6'4" or 6'5". I'd be hard pressed to think of an in-game dunk more impressive, pro or college. It is just flat out filthy.

The Rodney 360 is definitely the winner for nostalgia though.

Teague's charge dunk where the NCSU guy ate his nuts was also fantastic.

Have never seen on youtube, but when ESPN was still wearing swaddling clothes Siler had 2 top tens in the PIT at New Mexico: 1st half 360, 2nd reverse dunk where he took off just inside the FT line.

RR's 360 is the correct answer.

There's no footage I can find, but Arthur Larkins, in his one year, had the tools to be a spectacular dunker and he did tease us with them from time to time.

RR's 360 is the correct answer.

There's no footage I can find, but Arthur Larkins, in his one year, had the tools to be a spectacular dunker and he did tease us with them from time to time.

No question about it!

Rodney's 360 was awesome. I have three framed pictures of it in my house. One of the photographers at the game gave them to me one year.

I'd also submit Anthony Tucker's dunk vs Seton Hall in the ACC/Big East challenge in Greensboro in 1989. Absolutely filthy.

Best missed dunk is still Rodney's in the Joel. Don't remember the opponent, but he went down the baseline in the first half and threw it off the rim so hard it flew back over press row and landed several rows up in the stands.

First game I remember going to as a kid. Absent something like Kwe Parker jumping completely over Patrick Davidson's younger brother in an ACC championship game, this will always be my favorite Wake Forest dunk.

How's bout RR one handed jam off of a free throw in the ACC tournament vs. holes

James Johnson vs Indiana is always underappreciated.

Scooter wins this one for me. My freshman year.

Although, Rusty is a close, close second. We destroyed Carolina that day.

You fucking Millennials.

Rodney 360 against UNC-CH.

And that wasn't even the most exciting part of the game. Randolph's back to back to back to back to back to back 3 pointers almost blew the roof off the Joel.

LD's one handed flush against GT was it for me...video posted already. Also love Teague's dunk against UTEP I believe? And of course the dunk over the MD white guy!

No WF footage, but...

Where is that Siler footage from - like some Euro league or something? He had already gone through a couple of knee surgeries by that time, right? He was unbelievable before he tore up his knees - and even after, it seems. He just rose so high so effortlessly...

Back