• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Favorite Deacon Dunks

Was posted early in the thread but the Antwan Scott dunk in Cameron was great because I was in the house with my dad, behind the backboard that he dunked on. We both saw it developing the whole way and were like "give it to Antwan!" and the throw down was awesome. I knew we were going to be bringing some venom from the crowd down on us for the rest of the afternoon because of our loud cheering for that dunk, but it was worth it.

Was right behind the backboard for the Antwan dunk and the Kargo dunk. Great moments the proceeded beat downs. One day we'll win in Cameron again. It's been way too long.

Of course there was the LaRue dunk against UNC.

I can't remember if the Antwan Scott dunk in Cameron was also the "Boozer slams Broderick Hicks into the scorers tables and no foul called" game because I was at two different Wake games in Cameron sitting in basically the same spot. But yes I agree with jhmd - Cameron is a very cool place to experience a basketball game, but Duke fans can GFT pretty much. Even this little old lady was talking shit after we cheered for Antwan's dunk once Duke started putting the hurt on in that game.

I can't remember if the Antwan Scott dunk in Cameron was also the "Boozer slams Broderick Hicks into the scorers tables and no foul called" game because I was at two different Wake games in Cameron sitting in basically the same spot. But yes I agree with jhmd - Cameron is a very cool place to experience a basketball game, but Duke fans can GFT pretty much. Even this little old lady was talking shit after we cheered for Antwan's dunk once Duke started putting the hurt on in that game.

Definitely a unique place to watch a game and can get pretty loud. I have been once and I found some fans to be a little anal about other teams fans getting tickets. I had to listen to two "Iron Dukes" behind me complain the whole game about Duke fans selling their tickets to other teams fans. Duke was winning big and they were still bitching.

The dunk was less amazing than the fact that it was a block and not a charge.

Don't know if anyone else was there, and it's not on the clip, but I'm pretty sure the other ref overruled and changed it to a charge when he saw it was Battier.

I really would like to go to Cameron but legit worry about getting myself arrested at a Wake game there.

Back