• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MTV's The Challenge discussion thread

Just finished last night plowing through 3 eps. Victor Cruz was terrible. Shoulda brought out Teej when that chick let Lolo win that one elimination. The fact that British girl did nothing wrong but lost because she wouldn't eat someone else's vom just didn't sit right with me. What a lame way to determine who makes the finals. Also the points system on that event was completely arbitrary. Just lame altogether. Wish we could have seen Kam go 1-on-1 with someone in a strength challenge.

So we’re losing three of Cory, Devin, Tony, Shane and Darrell in the first episode? DUMB. Jemmye, maybe the worst/ugliest person MTV has ever given us, tanked all of them.

Jemmye being back just makes me sad that Knight is gone. I am really looking forward to seeing the bulldog Derrick back at it.

Tony/Shane have some demons. I wonder if there actually weren’t any cameras or if this was serious enough to hide from the insurers of the show.

Tony/Shane have some demons. I wonder if there actually weren’t any cameras or if this was serious enough to hide from the insurers of the show.

Great question. That was my first thought too. But there was obviously a throwdown. Shane's face is torn up. Devin has a fucking bite mark on his arm.

Basically Darrell is smart cause he doesnt associate with the other 5 in the house

Great question. That was my first thought too. But there was obviously a throwdown. Shane's face is torn up. Devin has a fucking bite mark on his arm.

Basically Darrell is smart cause he doesnt associate with the other 5 in the house

guy hitting girl, girl smashing a bottle and waving it at people, another guy trying to subdue first guy and getting bitten on the arm.......

whole thing sounds like a fight that could turn a lot of viewers/investors/insurers off the show. i remember reading somewhere about how tony should never be allowed back because of how he physically threatened camilla with the two arms on either side in the corner thing. showing this fight would top that BIG time.

guy hitting girl, girl smashing a bottle and waving it at people, another guy trying to subdue first guy and getting bitten on the arm.......

whole thing sounds like a fight that could turn a lot of viewers/investors/insurers off the show. i remember reading somewhere about how tony should never be allowed back because of how he physically threatened camilla with the two arms on either side in the corner thing. showing this fight would top that BIG time.

For sure. Like it sounded like shane hit her in the face. Like you cant show that

For sure. Like it sounded like shane hit her in the face. Like you cant show that
MTV has before...
Pgtkt.gif

Tori is insane, feel like she'll be good on the show in the future after her and Derrick break up

I'm still watching, but it still feels like the franchise is dying. The Redemption House thing is painfully dumb.

It definitely seemed like they cut a lot of her tirade. I don't get why they won't do another fresh meat season. They got such good people out of those.

It definitely seemed like they cut a lot of her tirade. I don't get why they won't do another fresh meat season. They got such good people out of those.
Because they're desperate to make Are You The One work and they think putting them on the Challenge helps promote the other show. But MTV fails to realize that most Are You The One cast members are largely awful (it's a dating show after-all and when has a dating show produced a good person - outside Flavor of Love) and even of the slightly redeeming members, they each have flaws that either make them bad Challenge competitors or a complete bore.

Back